Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's interesting^ I forget who told me the S was 3mm and the H 4mm

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My h is 4.2 and my s is 4.0. Like I said though he has a few variations of cams floating around. Yours could totally be different.

Post Thanks / Like
    So when bio filth gets up inside the motor on a tattoo because you use t-techs and it does happen, do you just give free Hep C to the next client? Conceptually they're a cool concept...and that's where it ends for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    So when bio filth gets up inside the motor on a tattoo because you use t-techs and it does happen, do you just give free Hep C to the next client? Conceptually they're a cool concept...and that's where it ends for me.
    Personally, I've never had that happen (and I check the drive bar and interior of the machine after every tattoo). But, with the Stylus, you can unscrew the motor plate from the housing and wipe down the interior with cavi or bleach wipes. I know it's an argument that can go in circles for perpetuity. But please don't assume that all of us who use these machines are callous assholes who put our clients in harms way.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Never had a ttech leak once. Been using them for 3 years. It's all in how you rinse out.
    Last edited by Shawn; 02-05-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never had a leaky ttech either, but I'm slowly switching to slot locks which have a seal. Like was said above, the stylus and nedz mr03 can be easily taken apart and cleaned: hell you can even autoclave the body once the motors out, and on the nedz , you can pull out the drive bar super easy and either replace it or soak it. I always wipe down my drive bars with barbicide wipes , but I've never seen ink on them ever. If I ever were to I'd take the machine apart and clean/clave everything except the motor .

8. Thanks thesmokingmirror thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I can appreciate the mentality that leads to this line of thinking. It's good that people care enough to ponder on these issues. The thing I don't like about it, is the attitude in which its delivered, because if you actually looked at the data you would know that micro spray from the tattoo machine is spreading biohazard like a small storm all around you and the workstation. A few feet circle with the machine in the middle. So knowing that, effectively cleaning one of these would be many times easier than wiping down a coIL machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    And rule number one on how to think about bio hazard is that when something is contaminated everything it touches is contaminated, so if you bag your machine. The ink caps are contaminated, and spray is flying off the needle tip, up the tube, out the top of the tube tip causing every tool used on that tattoo dirty. My boss has a great study showing how biohazard from a procedure can travel to every corner of a facility in such a short time it's just mind blowing. I'll try to find it and post it.