Thread: Halo vibration

Post Thanks / Like

Halo vibration

Hi guys

I want to share the problem that i have with my Halo, i am pretty new with rotaries so maybe itīs my mistake but i feel like it has much more vibration than i expected.

Bought it here at the forum to a nice guy which i consider already a friend (Hi Kevin) who even sent me new springs directly from the official store. It is the 3.6 stroke Halo.

I opened it, lubed it, placed the new springs, i use regular rubber grommets (not hard ones), disposable grips and the Halo rubber band (small) which i place at the correct place on the machine.
    I run it at 7.5 volts for black/grey work or shadings on my Critical CX1. I used it with regular needles and disposable grips, no carts.

My past experience with rotaries was with a Dragonfly, almost no vibration, now i use most of the time my HM direct drive with carts, which i love, 0 vibrations but when i tried for first time the Halo i was very excited because of all the nice feedback i read about the machine and i think that iīm doing something wrong because i canīt believe how uncomfortable is to me.

Tried it lining and shading and for example using curved magnums, when you try to create or follow a line with it, itīs hard for me to see where iīm working accurately.

I thought it was a problem of thin grip and i tried covering it and wrapping it but i didnīt find differences... Do i need to use metallic grips with more weight to reduce vibration?

Am i doing something wrong with it or can it have any problem?

Thank you very much,
    Eduardo.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use a thick metal grip-the 3.2 and 2.5 are the best strokes.Any thing larger then that shakes like a wet dog lol as the machines is so light and the large piston hits hard. Horrible with disposables unless you turn it down low....they do work great thoe with a ttech stainless grip/red rat silicone cover and carts with the return spring out.
    Last edited by slicksteel; 02-11-2015 at 11:20 AM.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

3. Like eduki liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same here, I use my halo with metal grips and its fine, never tried it with disposable and it's the 4.0 stroke I use for lining. Awesome machine

5. Like eduki liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and 7.5 volts is pretty low to me. I line at 10 and if I use it for Shading I set it around 9

7. Like eduki liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot for the responses guys
    I'll try it with a metal grip, I'm sure that it must be a nice machine. At the moment I want to use it just with regular needles but I'll try it too with carts in the future.
    Tat2dru these volts settings are with carts or regular needles? I just tried it in one session... It was a realistic work with tiny details (tiger face... Lots of hairs bla bla bla XD) and seemed to work nicely at 7.5 but of course I need more time with it

Post Thanks / Like
    You just have to use a metal grip with the halo. I know there is some success with true grip covers, but the only way it just isn't an issue is with a heavier grip. That was my experience any how.

10. Like eduki liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah regular needles and carts I will line at 10 unless doing fine detail as your doing and then around 9 for details