Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Critical cx1 issue

I've been using critical cx1s for a couple years now and love them but recently I've had an issue with my machines losing power and I thought maybe I had a motor going out but it's doing it with both my stylus machines, and my direkt and mr03 .. I would hate to think I had four motors shitting out at the same time especially when my direkt is almost brand new and mr03 just got serviced by nedz. It seems like with all of them I keep having to turn the voltage up during long sessions. I've used 3 different RCA cords and no difference . Also a couple days ago it randomly cut off completely and I had to unplug and plug it back in to get it back on. Anyone else have an issue with their cx1 g2? My g1 never did this but I had machines heating up so I bought the g2 and honestly the machines that heated up on the g1 still heat up but take longer to do so. Plus the maintained feature it dope and I've got so used to not having a foot switch .

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Call critical tell them whats up = they have updated the software numerous times and they are REAL good with fixing issues and return times.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same-ish problem. My CX1-G2 started losing voltage ( it would visually drop on the LCD ) eventually it would just drop to 1 as soon as I ran a machine. I sent it to the distributor that I had gotten it from and got a new replacement. I had one of the early ones originally, the one I have now has never given me any issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Possibly a "thermal cut - off" prob..As said above contact Critical for upgrade/fix..They have great customer service..

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been having the same problem with my Cx2r G2. The LCD doesn't change but drops significantly on all my machines, hyper v2 , dragonfly, uncle roy direct drive.... Was going to use my multimeter to test it, but is so intermittent that's it's difficult to know when it's gonna happen

Post Thanks / Like
    My critical died today, . And when I went to check all the wireing,, the wire connecting the powersupply to the box had some green shit all over the inside..looks like battery acid carotion ,,sucks..anyone have this happen to them before?.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like these are having alot of problems and i see people dumping critical ps pretty quick

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Starting to sound like its the power adaptor
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear the "spinner" is a good p/s from swashdrive

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofeloner View Post
    My critical died today, . And when I went to check all the wireing,, the wire connecting the powersupply to the box had some green shit all over the inside..looks like battery acid carotion ,,sucks..anyone have this happen to them before?.
    Get some photos of this and contact Critical directly immediately. I something like this I am sure they will want to see especially if the PS is still under warranty.

11. Like Ofeloner liked this post.