Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: DC 1

Post Thanks / Like
    daza machines are very well and thats i have try was very good but to slow for me ... but the build quality and the place of the parts was very reasoned -a lot of builder can some learn from daza. I have some 16mm dcx motors here - one on a dc1 to try

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi darkness the one you tried had a portescap motor in it which I've changed since then.
    this is a mabuchi FF-130sh and the one you tried is a totally different machine to this ,the DC2 has FF-180sh in it but thank you for your nice comments on my build quality

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to pop one in the post I'll give it a try. I'm normally flite v2 and ss dragonfly with t-tech and magic moon/envy t-tech hi-breed carts.. Just opened my own new studio so I can give it to the apprentices as well to have a go on I'm only in Norwich. What stroke are they? I'm normally 2.5 to 3.5. I do a lot of bng, a few colour Japanese pieces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes i knowing , the New mabuchi now is running faster - very good to hear

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser6662 View Post
    If you want to pop one in the post I'll give it a try. I'm normally flite v2 and ss dragonfly with t-tech and magic moon/envy t-tech hi-breed carts.. Just opened my own new studio so I can give it to the apprentices as well to have a go on I'm only in Norwich. What stroke are they? I'm normally 2.5 to 3.5. I do a lot of bng, a few colour Japanese pieces.
    Its an adjustable stroke 2mm,3mm,4mm and 4.5 mm but I can make a cam to suite there are markings on the side of the cam so two dots = 3mm, four dots = 4.5mm it's a mabuchi FF-180sh twelve volt motor running around 7.5 volts for cartridge and six'ish for normal
    Daza

Post Thanks / Like
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Having a play made some parts out of copper a couple of bit to change over might make a small run of them )

7. Like John liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good Daza.. that coin gives it a touch of 'Kubinesque'

Post Thanks / Like
    Copper looks good. You know if that adjuster is brass you can soak it in vinegar and it will eat away some of the surface tin and leave the copper and that will make it look a bit more copper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    Copper looks good. You know if that adjuster is brass you can soak it in vinegar and it will eat away some of the surface tin and leave the copper and that will make it look a bit more copper.
    Nice one Gabriel will give it a try
    ATS thanks for the comments all my machines have a 5p piece in them but as this is copper thought I would use a 1p coin to match
    cheers guys glad you like the look

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem. And it is Zinc not Tin. I am exhausted today. But you get the idea. Try 12 hours and heat the vinegar first and add a spoon of salt.