Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What machines do people recommend for t-tech use

Looking to try carts out. Been looking at the Thunder,Stylus-H, the Reaper from Mike Pike and Jo-Jo Akerman and the Inkjecta. I currently have a D-20 and some 3.5 Neo tats. Just want some recommends. I am a coil user as well. Right now the Thunder seems most appealing but the Stylus comes with less baggage for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go for a Direkt with a grip it's as smooth as a Thunder but gives you more options. The best ones being different stroke lengths and you can use normal tubes. It's one of my go to cartridge machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here the same , use a dd Paulo cruze with dcx Motor - with some dd you can use cams and bars of the flite too and you can use traditional needles or carts . So i would chose from your list the reaper - this is easy, powerfull and adjustable stroke too

4. Thanks Mission Tattoo thanked for this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swash drive compact all day erry day. Hands down best cart machine out. I've tried just about everything... the compact is the only one that does it all In one machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I second the direkt, I have used mine exclusively for the last six months, it's truly a do it all machine for me.In the meantime while you decide, I loved my 3.5 neotat with carts, it was the first machine I used them with, just for large colour pieces.

Post Thanks / Like
    My experience stops at the flite. For me it was between it and the thunder, but Cheyenne is too proprietary for my liking. The craziest thing about the flite is its ability to run VERY fast. I run mine at 13 - 15 V. No vibration and very quiet.
    I'd love to try the edge. It may be the only real competition to the flite in terms of user friendliness.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd also say the Direkt.. been my main runner with t'techs for the last 5 months or so.. great machine, smooth, versatile, well balanced and quality build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not run carts with your neotat if they have the majic drive motor? Since you're used to that machine you can try carts without having to learn a new machine.

On the other hand I love the shit out of my stylus machines , just got off the phone with Rick and now I'm super anxious for his new motors to come out. I've had a direkt for a few days now and it's a very solid running machine. But I've not ran it enough to love or hate it. The Cheyenne spirit is dope also. It's great for anything except bold lines because of it's short stroke, so I'd imagine the thunder would be awesome but I've never ran one.

My shop owner has been running carts with his coil machines for a few weeks now and is digging them with the ttech grips and plunger. Another idea since you are used to coils ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Excuse me but I am curious about that you say guys about the ability of the Direkt to run regular needles too, and not only carts. A dd doesn't vibrate too many for regular needles?
    I have a HM dd with adjustable strokes but never tried it with needles 'cause I think it moves too many the needle tip, specially trying the long strokes. I heard and read that this side movements goes to the top of the needle but it doesn't feel at the needle tip, but after testing it with a 4mm stroke on my HM it's hard to believe that...
    Maybe the Direkt has something different?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use DD machines often with normal needles. In fact you can find a few threads on here about it. Needle runners are an option as is just doubling your rubber bands. The general rule is to use tubes that fit the needles you are using very well