Thread: Direkt vs Halo

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

Direkt vs Halo

I have a Question for Gaston mainly, but would love to hear other reputable builders theory or science on this as well.

I know that the linear motion of the halo is 50/50..and it is able to hit at 2.5 stroke consistently.
    How does the timing cycle very with the rotation style of the Direkt, because the revolution moving away from the center point make it take longer to cycle around, which is common math.
    So i was wondering if this is why there is no 2.5 stroke for the Direkt? Does the longer cycle of a revolving nipple system cause more of scraping rather that punch?

I would really love to get some tech on this... Does this mean the Direkt hits a little softer and stabs a millisecond quicker, acting more like a 40% stab and 60% up cycle?

Curious because i would imagine if the 2.5 stroke put ink in fine it would be there with the others.
    Last edited by crabink; 02-19-2015 at 12:00 AM.
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

2. Thanks Panos tattoo thanked for this post.
    Like Panos tattoo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    the movement is a circle, just because you make the circle bigger or smaller, it doesnt change how fast the machine moves on one half of the circle (up swing) or the other ( down swing).

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume that with the halo, bishop, vivace, etc the needles stay in the skin a fraction longer due to the compression of the stay up spring. Where as a direct drive cycle is always moving.