Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

swashdrive compact 8 or a halo????

Just looking for some input I am going to get a new toy and its between the swashdrive compact the gen 8 the halo and the hyper v3... any input wether good or bad is very much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go for the compact swashdrive. Or the Gen 8.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used all three. I would get a Halo. (The Gen 8 that I had was the first version) I have never used the compact. Also a thing to consider & is the reason why I sold most of my rotaries. IF you have to ship them back to the builder for any reason, the Halo is from the US & all of the machines from overseas you have to hope that your machine doesn't get stuck in customs, lost, or stolen. Not to mention you have to be without your machine for up to a month or more.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    I would go for the compact swashdrive. Or the Gen 8.
    Haha! I didn't see your post until I posted. The two together should create some real confusion. Haha!
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for Swashdrive. The adjustable stroke is key with rotaries IMO. My fav machine I've tried so far is the gen 8 adjustable stroke. Haven't tried the compact yet. Pushes carts with ease. The new FK looks pretty sweet too though if you use carts. The edge x I think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clint morrison View Post
    Another vote for Swashdrive. The adjustable stroke is key with rotaries IMO. My fav machine I've tried so far is the gen 8 adjustable stroke. Haven't tried the compact yet. Pushes carts with ease. The new FK looks pretty sweet too though if you use carts. The edge x I think?
    That's a point I would like to make too, if you are going to FK route I would consider a Direkt or the Edge X if you need give. I have always heard that the Halo had some vibration and I love smooth machines. The sawshes have almost no vibration and the Direkt has almost no vibration at all when used with carts. I use mine mostly for 3rl work in tight detail spots.

I also don't have the 8 or the compact. I do have a Gen2, Gen5, two Gen6s, and a Gen7 so I can assume the performance of the 8 and the compact would be a stronger version of the 7 which I love btw

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree too, at this point there are better options for cart machines. I have both the swash compact and the Edge X. I like them both.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using a hyper v3 the past few days and prefer it over my gen 8 cutback......

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using the Swashdrive compact for everything this week and it really does handle anything amazingly well. There is some vibration with it. But it's not bad at all.
    I've owned all the machines you mentioned and would have to say the compact is head and shoulders above the others. Unless you don't use carts.
    If you're using standard needles, I'd go with the gen8 as an all 'rounder with the V3 a close second.

Post Thanks / Like
    Swashdrive compact , i like it more as the gen8 cutback because it can run really without give and its works very well with standart needles too . The halo has to much Vibration for me and i never love the shredder issue on the hyper and balance for me.