Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by throwhammers View Post
    I had one of the earlier machines (right before he started releasing pics of this model). Great machine. Super ugly. Extremely well built, and has some unique features like that adjustable stroke. Best tube vice ever. I did not find that it hit at all like a coil or sidewinder though.

I don't remember how i managed to order it. But i do remember that is was not easy. Or cheap. I think i found an email address somewhere. I'll see if I can find it...

This is the email I used: [email protected]

That was a year ago. Don't know if he still uses it now.
    When you adjust the stroke, do you have to adjust the tube to compensate for any requisitioning of the stroke's end and start position? In other words, do the needle tips back off into the tube when you shorten the stroke?

Like a coil machine, when you lengthen the stroke, you have to compensate by moving the tube up because the stroke always ends when the armature bar hits the coils. On regular rotaries with adjustable cams, the stroke lengthens and shortens in both directions away from the central position of the stroke.

So do the needle tips of the needles always stay flush with the tip of the tube and the needles only move outward when the stroke is adjusted?

Sorry for the long question.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, but looking at the photos of the machines, I see a longer central stroke indicator line with 3 smaller lines going in opposite directions. So it seems as if the stroke , indeed, does radiate outward from a central position. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes all goes from the central position - its not like a dragonfly or any other system - more like the adjusting from a centri

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks cool, and to be able to adjust stroke like that seems very user friendly. Still breaking in my edge, but would live to grab one of these !

Post Thanks / Like
    Would it be more convenient if a machine had stroke that only moved in the direction away from the tube when being adjusted and always stayed put on the upward position. What I mean is that wouldnt it a good thing if the needle tips always stayed flush with the tube and only radiated outward when it was adjusted to make it longer? That way of you had to mess with the stroke on the fly there would be no tube adjustment, especially if paired with a cheyenne disposable tube setup. The less you have to fiddle with it when you make the stroke adjustment the better, kinda thing. And the stroke adjustment can be done while the machine is running for those that use the switches that leave the machine on.

Trying to figure all this out, have not looked up any tattoo stuff online in years and years, especially rotary stuff. The questions I ask are about features I would like on a rotary machine or artists have mentioned to me that they would like to see on a machine.
    Last edited by ElTejano; 03-06-2015 at 12:21 PM.