Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Centri Machines

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elbo View Post
    Woooo Hoooo you are a big boy aint you....spending all that cash....and strippers too!....and youre married!!! you seem to think i was having a go at you(or youre stripper friends)...well i wasnt....have a beer and chill.
    God knows why you take it the wrong way....i give my opinion and you try to prove you are a Hunk of a man!!!!!

2. Like Alie K liked this post.
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back to your corners gentlemen, the round is over.

4. Like Alie K liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I look at it this way, from both end: Developer and Tattoo artist. If the machine is $600 and it can last me for a good $500 fair size tattoo it paid itself about 500 times.

If the machine is expensive and it breaks right away and on top of that customer service sucks, then it's a waste of money.

To manufacture in the US is really expensive. Everything has a tag price. You are not only paying for parts, you have to take into consideration the research and development that took the builder to come up with the final result.

I'm not saying that expensive machines are better than fairly price machines but there is a market for everyones budget and need.

My 2 cents
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

6. Like Mr.Taboo liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spending a hefty amount on a good machine can be smart, spending money on a stripper is always stupid. Just saying!!

8. Like Alie K liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gaston is right, one substancial tattoo will pay for a machine,plus if you look after said machine,you'll get all if not most of your money back on Ebay for instance-a while ago I sold a Stigma Bizarre and got back about 20% more than what I paid for it.A tattoo machine unlike many other material things,earns it's keep,and if it's truly a great machine will give the owner a great deal of pleasure.Regarding the Centri,what people on this forum have used it have been very impressed,some very much so. I'm gonna give this machine a go,anyway what I spend on tattooing supply is all tax deductable in the UK anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    I look at it this way, from both end: Developer and Tattoo artist. If the machine is $600 and it can last me for a good $500 fair size tattoo it paid itself about 500 times.
    I am not understanding this but I think its a typo or I am an idiot! Either way when you buy anything not just a tattoo machine you are paying for everything including research. Shit I am typing this on a MacBook Pro that cost around $1700 and there is no way there are $1700 worth of parts on this. If there was no profit why would they put hundreds of man hours and there own money into coming up with new ideas. Now I won't pay $600 for a tattoo machine but thats just me but that doesn't mean there not worth it...My 2 cents

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy cow wth is going on in here lol. Am i missing something? Did i not answer a question? Do i have bad customer support? In do time there will be many more reviews from the interested members of this forum who purchased them. Lets all just relax and wait till then to debat my product or my company.
    Last edited by Cyberitual; 09-25-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Banned Asshole
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I could really care less about the average tattooer in a street shop,"
    Nice inkslingers...sounds like in that post you pretty much don't care about anything nor anyone or what their opinions are. Then why join a forum?? Is it not so we ALL can voice our opinion and help each other out? AND to discuss our views of the pros and cons of a product?
    I for one have personal reasons I don't use certain machines, but never look down nor rip someone that uses it or gives alot of praise to a machine.
    JMHP.
    Thanks,
    Russ

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post

If the machine is expensive and it breaks right away and on top of that customer service sucks, then it's a waste of money.

To manufacture in the US is really expensive. Everything has a tag price. You are not only paying for parts, you have to take into consideration the research and development that took the builder to come up with the final result.

I'm not saying that expensive machines are better than fairly price machines but there is a market for everyones budget and need.

My 2 cents
    I totally see Gaston's points.

Even as far as something expensive paying for itself, that's how I rationalize some books. If I see a $300 book, and there are only 2 or 3 good references in it, if I feel that those references will end up as a few $500 or $600 tattoos, the book has paid for itself several times, and I get the bonus of looking at the rest of it on occasion for as long as I own it.

I also don't like buying things (especially some tools) sight unseen, but if I see a $600 tattoo machine that appeals to me, and I like the way it feels when I plug it in, I figure it will eventually pay for itself. If it's something special, and I don't like it, and I manage to sell it, hey, any money I get for it will soften the "damn, I wasted money on that piece of poo" feeling.

As far as paying for manufacturing, R&D etc, I totally get that. Especially if something is a new concept - that takes time, energy and money to come to fruition. Once upon a time, only some high end vehicles had a monitor in them to show you how close something was behind you when you back up. Now, several years later, the new concept has been generalized and knocked off and it's in my Mom's minivan.

That's the reason I understand the OTHER side of the coin, where it's reassuring to know that something is tried and true and used for some time before I try it. Stuff like new technology (Windows Vista was a heap of crap, wasn't it?), when people got their new iphones and they would hang up on them in the middle of a call because of the new antenna location (which over time was resolved), medications (thalidomide may have been great for pregnancy nausea, but 2 words - "thalidomide babies" explains enough), I could probably stop now because I'm sure you get the point.

To each their own. Some people like to be the Jones', some people try to keep up with them, some people badmouth them about how frivolous they are.

My 2 cents. Take it or leave it.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

14. Like The Limey liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope when i start selling my machines i can start a new thread about them and ditch this one. Its just lost all perspective on what im trying to achieve here. I just want to share my machine and ideas with you guys. Who cares what it cost, if its to much right now, then sit back and wait alittle till the reviews come in. If by then it sounds like something you would be interested in, then i dont think the price will matter. Come on, lets all go have a beer and laugh alittle.

My 2 cents...

16. Like tattoosbybill, Alie K liked this post.