Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Centri Machines

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    it may sound lame but im gonna treat me and my family to a nice sushi dinner if the Centri will ever make it in that damn Tag Cloud. For some reason that little box in the bottom right corner is haunting me...

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol you are right on that one elbo!
    the rapiers do use very expensive motors and very high grade cnc machining and were actually tested by cary and his brother for a long time before being relesased -sure he updated them to rapier 2 and now a 3 is coming(to please people demanded more) out but you can pick up a rapier 1 and still work magic with it!
    I think some builders just want to make a shit load of money off the (I want and must have the latest and greatest crowd of consumers,just like cell phone geeks!)people out there. I myshelf will only pay what i feel the product is worth regardess of how much money it will make me(when in fact it is me makeing the money not the machine,i can make used low doller coil machine work just as well.
    I think the whole tag line builders use nowdays to sell there rotary machines is "look how much money it will make you"
    Its funny because coil builders are made fun of when they take a frame and parts from other makers and just put it together and tune it.Yet most rotary builders do this to,do they machine the parts etc-no they just put them together. neo ,rapier, kubin and a few others actually do the work and these guys that are working the hardest are actualy offering the fairest prices across the board.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboy View Post
    The machine itself will bring return clients... Come on... I remember Joe Capobianco saying at his seminar that he believes its the artist that does the tattoo and has the artistic skill and not so much the machine . You need reliable tools thats for sure but no machine will do the tattoo itself... There are way too many machines out there promising to better than the last all of a sudden it feels like a lot of people (unfortunately some not even related to the industry) want to sell you something you dont really need in the first place and make a couple of bucks in the tattooing industry.

No offense for the Centri just mho...

What ive said all along...it wont make you a better tattooer....i say tattooer cos i will never call myself a artist and i agree with the opinions of so many tattooers who call themselves craftsmen...it is a craft...theres a craft to using a machine....Man you can be the best oil painter artist mutha in the world...grab a tattoo machine and it aint gonna work....i tried carsons machine for 6 months but still tattooed like me haha...ive learnt there are no machines that make you better...i just look for a machine that is hassle free and can last a few years...not 20 years like the coil(but what a great invention)and thats all ive said all along...i wish the centri well....

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    lol you are right on that one elbo!
    the rapiers do use very expensive motors and very high grade cnc machining and were actually tested by cary and his brother for a long time before being relesased -sure he updated them to rapier 2 and now a 3 is coming(to please people demanded more) out but you can pick up a rapier 1 and still work magic with it!
    I think some builders just want to make a shit load of money off the (I want and must have the latest and greatest crowd of consumers,just like cell phone geeks!)people out there. I myshelf will only pay what i feel the product is worth regardess of how much money it will make me(when in fact it is me makeing the money not the machine,i can make used low doller coil machine work just as well.
    I think the whole tag line builders use nowdays to sell there rotary machines is "look how much money it will make you"
    Its funny because coil builders are made fun of when they take a frame and parts from other makers and just put it together and tune it.Yet most rotary builders do this to,do they machine the parts etc-no they just put them together. neo ,rapier, kubin and a few others actually do the work and these guys that are working the hardest are actualy offering the fairest prices across the board.
    Hey slick many words of truth there....i know a few well known tattooers who were ...hmmmm lets say given their machines by certain rotary builders so they could build up the list of "look who uses them"...the thing is they dont use them now! probably cos they fell apart after 6 months..

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    it may sound lame but im gonna treat me and my family to a nice sushi dinner if the Centri will ever make it in that damn Tag Cloud. For some reason that little box in the bottom right corner is haunting me...
    You will do...just give it time....

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That marketing 101!, for sure I was going to college for product graphic design in the states and when I was told that I needed to believe in a bogus product and convince others that they need to have it or their lives will not be complete or they will not be as good as the next guy I told them to shove it an dropped that goal real fast.
    Its funny I am no more happier now then I was 20 years ago when there was less tech all around and all I had to tattoo with was two old spauldings and a converted ham radio power supply.
    Last edited by slicksteel; 10-05-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All lines start some were...where you choose to stand is your choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alll I got to say is the cream always rises to the top. The Stigmas were all the hype last year but I see most of us here on the forum do not prefer them. I spent 700 on my Fly and 600 on the Hyper and I still love my Rapiers and Neo Tats the best. It all comes down to preference. If your product is built solid it will find a home.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread has been really interesting to read but I feel I have to say something in defense of the small machine builder. The people that build machines usually do it because they are passionate about what they do, I know am. I have spoken to this builder and he is a genuine person that believes in his product and I met Gaston at the Tattoo Jam in were I showed him my machine, he gave me loads of advice for free so I can tell he a good person as well. We build these machines so you guys have an easier life tattooing if it was not for people pushing the envelope we would all still be using direct drive rotaries or coil machines. I know at the moment rotaries are the latest gadget so to speak, so some companies are just jumping on the band wangon and charging 500-600 dollars for something thats just a copy of someone elses idea. Some of the others genuinely do cost a lot to produce especially if they are made in small batches of 50-100 and use 5 axis CNC's to create the lovely shapes people expect and use swiss motors at 90 dollars each. So guys please slow down get some facts and when the machine is out there if its got some problems shout about it then. At least with us small builders changes and flaws can be addressed quickly unlike the bigger companies that are already committed.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    That stupid thing haunts me too. Its never worked as it was supposed to since day one. It is supposed to start learning popular tags and populate its self. I have added centri and centri tattoo machine to tag this thread.

oh and don't get mad if you don't see it right away the tag cloud updates on its own on a schedule usually once a day.
    Last edited by Administrator; 10-05-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: more to add

11. Thanks Cyberitual thanked for this post.