Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hawk Pen

Post Thanks / Like

Hawk Pen

Got it today, and I have to admit It's the best rotary I had so far.

Simple, versatile, 0 vibration, powerfull ( yet not hitting like a truck ), light....

Lines very well with 7-15 liner 10-10,5 v (no doubt it will be the same with different needle config, single pass and solid Lines.

Almost like a Hawk thunder but with a softer hit. The pen shape is a plus, the machine is a flawless direct drive.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    And what about your wallet how does your wallet feel , ahaha jk good to hear man! Some people were saying it hit harder then a thunder but I didn't believe it

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever ran a stylus AltarVinz ? If so how does it compare to the stylus been on the bench on buying the Hawk Pen my co workers all use Cheyenne machines Im only one using t-techs could work better for me with the pen when ordering cearts

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard the strike was shorter more like the spirit. I assumed it wouldn't be good for lining

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I have never used a stylus so I can't compare with. 3.6 stroke is really nice for lining and the hit is between Thunder and Spirit ( at least what the tattooist feels).
    Ran it at 10.5 v for 15 rl lines and they came solid single pass with few to no learning curve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else have a hawk pen? Also very interested in a comparison to the stylus. - Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    i just ordered the hawk pen and will give it a try in the next few days , i also have a stylus h i have been using so i will give my opinion inane comparison shortly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Stroke is 3.5 and run like a thunder but a bit more on the softer side -think because the stroke , the stylus is more soft and can not push Cheyenne carts

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a chance to test the pen and itīs just that what I expected.A simple machine that gets the job done....straight and simple....I lined ,shaded and packed color with it without any problems.The thing I like about it, as the thunder as well ,is that the range of workability covers the hole spectrum. From really low like 6 volts to all the way up to 13 volts.Itīs a matter of what you prefer.Compared to the thunder Iīd say itīs a little smoother which sounds a little awkward cause it has no give (like the Spektra Edge which is my favorite by the way).I think it suits well for the guys who are on the realistic train because it seemed very accurate to me.
    Hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like
    You can make some very nice oldschool too. But you gotta be extra light hand and feathering more than whiping. The perfect and ultimate machine would be a hawkpen with the edge x give. I' d buy 5 of them for the shop whatever the price.