Thread: Spektra edge x

Post Thanks / Like

Spektra edge x

Well this machine is very nice, very smooth looking, feels nice in the hand, has zero problem running any cartridge I have put before it. I have left everything at the settings it was sent to me at, not had any issues. This machine is really fun to tattoo with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just started using mine and it's stupid smooth. The only beef I have with it is that I pull my clip cord cover over it and the grip and the little give knob rattles against the cover if I hold it on a weird angle. But seriously if that's the only thing I can complain about then I'm gonna say it's a home run of a machine lol plenty of power and silent running . Super versatile and user friendly

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bretttattoos View Post
    Just started using mine and it's stupid smooth. The only beef I have with it is that I pull my clip cord cover over it and the grip and the little give knob rattles against the cover if I hold it on a weird angle. But seriously if that's the only thing I can complain about then I'm gonna say it's a home run of a machine lol plenty of power and silent running . Super versatile and user friendly
    Simple bro. Pinch/ stretch the bag outwards or swap the give knob for the included optional set screw in the event that you don't change your setting often. You still can adjust it with the provided Allen driver. That's how I have my setup lately.

The bag pinch trick works. Or simply using larger clipcord sleeves. Like the ones that TatSoul sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone even purchased the edge no give? I really dont like give on rotaries.... just curious if the give system is worth it or needed at all?
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crabink View Post
    Has anyone even purchased the edge no give? I really dont like give on rotaries.... just curious if the give system is worth it or needed at all?
    If it's not broken, don't fix it. If non give machines have been working for you then go with the Edge. The give of the edge unlike other machines for example is short, about 2mm travel but will get help you out with blends and transitions. you can always close the give and it will hit hard solid.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    since I have gotten this machine, everything else I have has hit the shelf, including 5 Kubins, a special techniques custom machine, an amoeba dd. this machine IS THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree totally, The Edge X is an Amazing Machine, since getting it I've used it virtually every day, and other than "Turning the Damn Knob" I haven't changed the default setup one bit, and I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Rotary Machines= FK Irons: Spektra Edge X, Spektra Direkt, Spektra Halo
    Cheyenne: Hawk Thunder - Neo-Tat: Vivace - Neuma: Hybrid LS, N2

Post Thanks / Like
    Fellow artist at my shop has a Edge x and hes digging it. He is using with an FK grip. I wanted to try it and use it with my cheyenne twist grip but when i twist it onto the edge, it wont let me twist because the entire grip twists. We were wondering if it was because of the o ring on the top of the threads that prevent the cheyenne from tightening. Anyone else have that issue? Thanks

*update* 4-3-15 Was informed that this issue is resolved in the new edges (the one im referring to is an older verison). I"ll be using the new info from the FK crew to resolve this. Simple fix. Kick ass customer service as always.
    Last edited by bigbadripple; 04-03-2015 at 11:39 PM.