Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lace Nano

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I just stick with John Clark machines. I know John Clark is not happy with this guy ripping his idea off.
    And where are they purchasable? I haven't seen hide nor hair of them in years. Honestly curious.

Edit: never mind, I found his facebook page. Direct sales. Yeah this lace is the exact same system but with a brushless motor.
    Last edited by DougHardy; 04-18-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DougHardy View Post
    And where are they purchasable? I haven't seen hide nor hair of them in years. Honestly curious.

Edit: never mind, I found his facebook page. Direct sales. Yeah this lace is the exact same system but with a brushless motor.
    We should cut this guy some slack. Repelling magnets theory has been done a million times. What makes this machine more copy than any coil or slide rotary out there. No one is calling any slide machine a knock off a Spaulding Revolution. The propelling mechanism may be the same but the machine looks completely different from anything I've seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lace Nano

Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    We should cut this guy some slack. Repelling magnets theory has been done a million times. What makes this machine more copy than any coil or slide rotary out there. No one is calling any slide machine a knock off a Spaulding Revolution. The propelling mechanism may be the same but the machine looks completely different from anything I've seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Besides there was a Russian magnet machine that used and electromagnet to attract a permanent magnet and then was repelled by a spring. Almost the same idea as John Clarks and possibly older. Although that one didn't use a motor at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that I'm sick of the whole he stole this or they stole thAt.. I don't see everyone bitching about joe blow making the same fucking coil machine that's been done in the same frame a thousand times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    OG or not I couldn't get passed the needle hanging out in the Clark magnetic so I got rid of it. Drove me insane.

Post Thanks / Like

Lace Nano

One thing is to flat out rip off a machine with its mechanism and geometry (and in some cases calling it like the original) and another thing is to evolve on a concept. But hold off! There is a very thin line between copy and new creation. A lot of lazy designers will use this fine line topic to get away with copycats and saving themselves massive amount of hours and money on research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fkirons; 05-14-2015 at 02:20 AM.

7. Like John liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one of johns machines, and just ordered another. Great machines.

Gaston is right though, aside from the magnets, pretty much everything else is different on this machine. Brushless motor with it's own power supply, armature bar is mounted on the bottom to retract the needle when it's not running. The shape is different, and it's super tiny and light.

Interesting machine. And, knowing how well john's machines work, I am really interested to know how these run!
    The separate power supply is the only turn off for me.
    Last edited by throwhammers; 04-18-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Lace Nano

Edited. I happen to spend the time and compare both machine and indeed I see where John Clark is coming from. The whole Arm concept is identical! And there are several parts involved!
    I doubt that was just coincident.
    Last edited by fkirons; 05-14-2015 at 02:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yen, its needs a Special wire .Because this you get 2 wires.... when any broken you have trouble. You need exact this powersupply to get it working. And they would build a wall mart too for this.
    The Magnet power comes from a neodymium magnet thats spinning from the motor. I wondering because the machine have a 40w motor - to spinning the magnet.
    Last edited by darkness; 04-19-2015 at 02:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    John sells his machines on his own. Facebook is an easy way to get a hold of his if you ever want to. Plus he is a real nice guy to deal with.

12. Like peter clements liked this post.