Post Thanks / Like

Spektra Halo vice screw

Have been using a Halo for a week or so and it's a fantastic machine. My only problem is that I don't seem to have enough grip in my hand anymore to really tighten the tube vice. Not a fault of the machine as I've adapted a pair of pliers to tighten it without damaging it and it does tighten properly.

Ive been looking for a wing bolt to replace the existing one but can't for the life of me find one with the right thread. I assume I'm just being as thick as shit but I've tried loads, what size do I need?

Any help much appreciated so I can stop scaring customers with my pliers!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanaskew19 View Post
    Have been using a Halo for a week or so and it's a fantastic machine. My only problem is that I don't seem to have enough grip in my hand anymore to really tighten the tube vice. Not a fault of the machine as I've adapted a pair of pliers to tighten it without damaging it and it does tighten properly.

Ive been looking for a wing bolt to replace the existing one but can't for the life of me find one with the right thread. I assume I'm just being as thick as shit but I've tried loads, what size do I need?

Any help much appreciated so I can stop scaring customers with my pliers!
    Hey there. Please get in touch with us via email or phone. We can send you the new knob design present on the Direkt that will fit the Halo and it has more grip.
    Kayleigh will be able to arrange that with you [email protected]. If you can include a couple of pictures of the vise adjusted and unadjusted that would help us determine if the issue you are having is with the knob or the guillotine itself. Make sure you have the supplement washer between the knob and body.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

3. Like slicksteel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, will do. There is no problem with the vice at all, it's just my old hands needing more of a grip. Gave it to our piercer to try and she tightened it perfect with no problem at all!

but thanks anyway.