Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

swashdrive grip and cheyenne grip

Has anyone tried the swash drive cartridge grips? If so are they like the Cheyenne grip were they click little by little as you turn the rear wheel for needle length adjustment?

Curious about these....

Does anyone that uses the Cheyenne grip ever have problems with them turning on accident while tattooing with them?

Thanks in advance for the info..
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they are like the Cheyenne grip in the idea that they click little by little when turnimg it,, and no, I've never had the problem of the cheyenne grip clicking while I'm useing it,

Post Thanks / Like
    the swash grips cant really click while you're using it. Unlike the cheyenne , it is not the whole grip that turns. Rather the part you hold while you work is static and the upper part of the grip turns (if you look at a pic of them you can see the seperation in the grip between the upper part that turns and the lower piece which does not)
    I prefer them to the cheyenne. Also, ink or water or whatever cant get into the grip like it can with the cheyenne.
    Last edited by throwhammers; 05-08-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the swashdrive grip use the same size ball end on the drive bar as Cheyenne, and same length? In some pictures it looks like it has a longer back stem but that could just be the picture playing tricks on me. I'm more concerned about the size of the drive bar end /ball/ plunger whatever you want to call it. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    No brett

Post Thanks / Like
    They aren't identical, Brett. But they're close enough not to matter. I've used the swashdrive grip on every one of my cartridge machines with no problem, whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. I want to get away from my Cheyenne grip but I don't wanna have a case of the rattles

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disposables are the way to go now. Toss all those adjustable grips in the trash. That's old news.

Post Thanks / Like
    An adjustable disposable would be dope

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got a Swashdrive grip in and man is it a struggle and a half getting a cartridge in an out of it, it's so 'effing tight. Literally had to use a pair of pliers to get a cartridge out of the grip this evening...Not worth the money for that kind of fitment. I have a $30 Tatsoul grip that the carts pop in and out like butter.