Post Thanks / Like

Edge x & swash compact with cheyenne grip

I'm having issues with the needle hanging too far out with both these
    Machines using cheyenne grip. With the edge If I remove the ball from the bar it helps bit with the COMPACT there is no relief. Needle hangs ridiculously for out. Is the grip not compatible with these machines?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have zero issue with either machine and a Cheyenne grip. I wonder if there is something odd with your grip.... do you have another grip you can try it with?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can always remove a small length of the swash drive pusher bar to make it shorter. That should solve the problem easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Put a small oring on the tube. It will create a small bit of space and the threading will still be plenty enough. It will also help keep the tube locked tighter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't think to try another grip.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did consider clipping some of the bar on the compact but perhaps it is my grip.

Post Thanks / Like
    you can also make another pusher bar for the compact.. easy replacement just loosen the hexnut and it'll come straight out.

8. Like asA, BIG ROOS liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This would be my only complaint with the Edge X, it seems that the needle is forced to hang out a certain amount when using the Cheyenne plunger and a Cheyenne grip. It's far from a deal breaker, but at times I love the option of using my Cheyenne thunder at a very shallow needle depth, and I can't do that with my Edge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Rotary Machines= FK Irons: Spektra Edge X, Spektra Direkt, Spektra Halo
    Cheyenne: Hawk Thunder - Neo-Tat: Vivace - Neuma: Hybrid LS, N2

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B.C. Smith View Post
    This would be my only complaint with the Edge X, it seems that the needle is forced to hang out a certain amount when using the Cheyenne plunger and a Cheyenne grip. It's far from a deal breaker, but at times I love the option of using my Cheyenne thunder at a very shallow needle depth, and I can't do that with my Edge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's not a known issue but if for any reason that plunger was a little longer you can always remove the DrivePin and lay the connecting part flat on a solid surface and tap it with a hammer forcing it to go in a tiny bit more. You can over do this so, be gentle and measure constantly until you find your sweet point. The DrivePin should allow you to retract the needle up to about 1mm of hang with the hawk grip.

I am not on the computer too often these days so if any of you have any questions please feel free to email us at [email protected] or call the shop from 9-6PM EST at 855-FKIRONS
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com