Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vital AXYS

Post Thanks / Like

Vital AXYS

So, I've been using this machine, daily for about a month now and wanted to share my thoughts on it.
    Firstly, Dan, from vital contacted me a couple of times before shipment to clarify some details. He was friendly and professional. Something that counts for a lot, in my book.
    Machine arrived, well packaged, with an Allen key, spare O-rings and a cartridge pusher bar.
    I got mine with the 3.7mm cam and was really impressed with the versatility of this machine. The vice holds standard tubes and cart tubes super firmly. It runs smooth and virtually silent.
    It handles standard needles and carts just like you'd expect a well made ODD to. Lining, shading, blending and packing are all possible and relatively easy to accomplish.
    Switching to the adapter for the Inkjecta give bars with Cheyenne tubes is easy and adds even more versatility. It'll run just about any grouping with no problems at all. Plus, a standard clip cord sleeve will fit over the entire machine. And the body is autoclaveable.
    The motor does have a lot of torque. Starts with T-Tecs around 3v. I've been running mine around 6.5-8v for just about everything. Lots of punchy power.
    Overall, this is a very well made machine that offers a lot of options, runs smoothly and, considering the price ($375), is a fantastic addition to my daily runners.
    Thanks, guys!

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you still been using this in your daily rotation? Where does this stack up next to your other machines preference wise

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, still using it pretty much daily. I'd have to say, as far as preference goes, this machine is right behind my compact, Flite and stylus.

Post Thanks / Like
    How this machine compare with the thunder for lining?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say it's on par with the thunder. The stroke on mine is a little shorter. But it lines with everything from tight 3s to 14s with ease. Just need to up the volts a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it change stroke?.,I'm assuming no from what you guys are saying,,and if that's the case,what stroke are they when ordering from kingpin?

7. Like tatu richie liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they come with 3 stroke cams when you buy one. I preordered mine and it only came with one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shitty

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bizarro12 View Post
    I think they come with 3 stroke cams when you buy one. I preordered mine and it only came with one.
    Vital/kingpin can now afford to give the other two cams for free.Most other brands still charge for extra size cams.
    Last edited by slicksteel; 10-27-2015 at 03:05 PM.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    when u order from kingpin it comes with an allen key and 3 cams and rca, atleast mine did

12. Like Ofeloner liked this post.