Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the Hawk Pen that bad?

Hello guys, I am surprised of how many coworkers I find that have issues with the new Hawk Pen.
    First here at the forum I started reading about mechanical problems with it, later at a convention talk with some friends reporting troubles with it and as last experience my coworker Liza (she wanted it so badly) bought one and it's the third time that she is sending it to repair.

As we know forums are used for reporting troubles usually, is there anyone using it and with no problems? I wanted to try it but now I'm not that convinced...

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want a pen style machine with no issues, or at least super good customer service in case you do end up with an issue, hold out for the updated stylus machine or the fk irons Xion if/when it comes. Or look into other machines that give you 360degrees mobility like the Scribe. I love my spirit don't get me wrong but I have only heard two good reviews of the Pen and they were from Cheyenne sponsored artists. I'm afraid the Pen might've been rushed a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pen had an issue with start up- mine didn't kick on until 10.5 volts with ttech cart and 11 with cheyenne carts but it turn out a lot of machines were sent out with the hawk cord/ with critical psu with kick start option on--cheyenne sent me the pen cord asap and now that shit rocks- 3.5 and it kicks on with either cart- it had me crazy nervous but now I'm cranking out bangers with mine nonstop- I was scared but now I love it- bye I also own a lton of machines (I'm a machine junkie) including a stylus but I can't put the cheyenne pen down!!�� try one if you don't like I'll buy it off you-

Post Thanks / Like
    MR-NME I heard and read about that (the cable) but some people reported something broken inside, you can hear the pen running but the bar doesn't move... That happened to my colleague twice, if that happens to me I would be scared as I use Ttech 80% of the time and some Chey carts and this company seems to maintain warranty just if you don't use different carts than Cheyennes, which sucks by the way.
    Won't like to have a broken dildo of 600 euro on the desk, sometimes like brettattoos I think that is not what we expect from this company.
    Of course it must be an awesome rotary... If you don't find issues

Post Thanks / Like
    The pen had an issue with start up- mine didn't kick on until 10.5 volts with ttech cart and 11 with cheyenne carts but it turn out a lot of machines were sent out with the hawk cord/ with critical psu with kick start option on--cheyenne sent me the pen cord asap and now that shit rocks- 3.5 and it kicks on with either cart- it had me crazy nervous but now I'm cranking out bangers with mine nonstop- I was scared but now I love it- bye I also own a lton of machines (I'm a machine junkie) including a stylus but I can't put the cheyenne pen down!!�� try one if you don't like I'll buy it off you-

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry it posted twice-

Post Thanks / Like
    yes i lot that i knowing have the broken issue inside and some the kick-off issue extra -for this price ! a no go and when you dont like they are bad to resale. I have get 450 USD for my cheyenne. And i needs 2 month to let it go

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard good and bad revues I am still selling of some of my rotarys to fund buying the pen I wanted to wait till all the niggles were worked out but just cant wait any more to give one a run

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a cheyenne Pen for about 2 month now.
    Im not sponsered, I buyed.
    The machine is everything I use since then, I was using before cheyenne spirit, dragon fly, stingray x2.
    I only can say good stuff about, I never had any kind of issue, and it is by far the best liner rotary that I tryed, I can post some works to show.
    I use t-techs and cheyenne needles, and the cheyenne PSU2.

10. Like acink liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot guys, it helps to take a decision