Post Thanks / Like

brushed or brushless motors

Can anyone tell me what the real advantages of a brushless motor is compared with the conventional motor (apart from the obvious like brushless is sealed and last ten times longer than a brushed one)? theres a real learning curve and some days I think i finally get it then the next the results are so different than expected.
    Like black and gray brushless is awesome but for colour packing it seems not powerfull enough(i use the flite v2). I mean i do pack colours but not as fast as let say my Bala acab......
    I'm aware you can crank it up but i also don't want to tear the skin as a trial and error.....
    If anyone has any documentation please let me know as i'm really keen to know the insides and outs of it......

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    From a tattooing point of view there is not really much of a difference. The technical reasons you have already mentioned.
    http://electronicdesign.com/electrom...less-dc-motors

https://quantumdevices.wordpress.com...he-difference/

some machines just dont work well for how some people tattoos. I straight up disliked more than one machine that people swore by, more likely, how you tattoo is more related to why the machine doesn;t work for you
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyfrog75 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the real advantages of a brushless motor is compared with the conventional motor (apart from the obvious like brushless is sealed and last ten times longer than a brushed one)? theres a real learning curve and some days I think i finally get it then the next the results are so different than expected.
    Like black and gray brushless is awesome but for colour packing it seems not powerfull enough(i use the flite v2). I mean i do pack colours but not as fast as let say my Bala acab......
    I'm aware you can crank it up but i also don't want to tear the skin as a trial and error.....
    If anyone has any documentation please let me know as i'm really keen to know the insides and outs of it......
    Flite v2 is all I have used for 6 months now. I'm selling my other machines to buy a backup v2.

Is the flite v2 the only brushless machine out there?

It's all about that beautiful brushless motor. It's a 24v motor so I crank that sucker up to 15v. In fact my Eikon power tops out at 18v, well before the motor would be damaged.
    Hands down the best thing about it is that it has the ability to run that fast. At 15v it turns whip shading into smooth shading and lines like a buttered laser.
    Another benefit is that the torque or hit doesn't seem to change only the cps. With regular brush motors the brushes cause friction so the faster it spins the less torque you have because of the friction of the brushes.
    So the brushless v2 has a very predictable feel to it where your Volts only change the speed....and of course it should have the longevity because there is no internal physical contact with a brush.
    Last edited by poleson; 05-24-2015 at 08:17 AM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The main difference is what the name states. Brushless motors don't have any type of brushes to commutate (to generate rotation), therefore they rely on an electronic circuit to drive the motor.
    You either need the driver built in the motor, on the power supply or as a stand alone interface in between both of them.
    Some Brushless motors are more fragile than brushed motors and usually more expensive.
    I don't think one is better over the other one. They booth have the perfect fit for the desired application and design specifications.

Brushless or Brushed has no direct relation with lining, shading or packing directly, but instead Torque, Speed, nominal voltage and the way the whole machine mechanism is designed.
    Last edited by fkirons; 05-24-2015 at 09:34 AM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

5. Like Invertedpixel liked this post.