Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Edge vice problems

I am finding my edge x will not grip my ttech grips, to the extent the throw is adjusting itself as I work. I am also finding it hard to adjust the throw, on examination I see that the inner part of the vice collet has a horizontal groove all the way round midway down, the back stem gets jammed on this stopping me adjusting without completely unscrewing the vice.is this meant to be there? Also I have examined my drive bars as I had problems getting the throw I wanted , thinking I was using the wrong length one but they appear identical in length? Anyone having similar issues , any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel the same way with the ttechs, so I took a ttech drive bar and cut it and made one of my own, or you can unscrew the plunger ball off the ttech one and screw it on the edge pin

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd suggest e-mail ing fkirons..they are amazing at helping..

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I plan to, just hope I'm not asked to send it over as am in UK. Tat2dru thanks for suggestion- I already put a ttech ball on the end, but as for cutting down, how does that work when the drive bars are screw-on ( ps am abroad at minute so can't look at my machine, maybe I'm missing what you mean?)

Post Thanks / Like
    I took my fk pin and cut some off with wire snips, filed it down smooth and put a ball off a kingpin bar on it, it fit snug and hasn't been an issue so far. It seemed to long to use with the kingpin disposable tubes and that helped a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so you removed the whole of the edge drive bar and replaced with the king pin one? I never knew it was removable....apart from the screw off part? So am I the only one having issues with the vice gripping tubes? It's only started doing it the last while for some reason...

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I filled down the screw off part of the fk bar and pushed a ball off of the kingpin plunger onto it. Just made the fk bar shorter, but it helped me get the stroke I wanted with the tubes I liked. It also grips the tube better since there is now more back stem in the vice. Before it was barely holding on.

8. Thanks Mog thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah ok I get you, thanks will give that a try

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks that has totally sorted that issue, now I just have to sort the groove on the inside of the vice collet, gonna try file it smooth but will check with fk irons first case I fuck it up somehow....

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to help👍

12. Like Mog liked this post.