Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Axys rotary by Dan Wolf Vital machines

i was able to give it a go today.... opened the box, well packed and has 3 cams, bag of small rubber bands and allen key, paper work , so i took the machine out the box and it has the 3.7 cam on it so i put the 3.2 cam on bcause thats wht i like, took motor bolt off and its kool bcause it even has a lil groove in the casing so u can use the allen key better, i used the kingpin cart grip and not the cheyenne adjustable which ur able to use both, it uses the small bands and the frame even has well thought out grooves to hook the bands, pretty kool i must say, i use the 27 curved mag and a 13 curved mag for a rework on a chest piece some scratcher did , plugged it in and ran about 6.5 volts bcause i tattoo kinda fast and the little fucker was so damn quite and extremely smooth. with zero effort at all the tones went in very smooth and easy, great blends, i also packed white in with no effort at all, went in very well one pass, also to me it seems like it has a slight dampening to it which i really like. the motor is balls out yet absolutly perfect... i cant wait to use this machine more, i believe i have found my daily driver for my black and grey and smooth color blends, i put this machine up to my flite anyday hands down, im very happy with the craftsmanship and performance , Dan Wolf u sir did one hell of a machine, u have impressed the fucking hell out of my, i cant wait to put it to more use, so damn nice that im not gonna be able to sleep tonite   people please trust me on this one here, do urself a big favor and grab u one, i would bet this is a machine that u would never want to let go, hands down simply fucking AMAZING... Kingpin Tattoo Supply ( Bill Smith ) will always have these in stock and the price is perfect and not some over priced crap... dan u fucking nailed it with this rotary, fucking wow... PERFECTION at its finest, any questions on anything i left out please feel free to ask. gotta say i do feel like its gonna step my tattooing up bcause there is NO struggle when using the Axys
    11393042_10206802975811586_6049165887961390280_n.jpg

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you be more critical of it, theres a lot of high end rotaries out now so this doesnt really help much other than it not sucking which is great lol. I dont hear of these being anyones primary machines but i also havent seen them up for trade/sale after them being out almost 2 months thats a good thing. Can you do a lining comparison between the flite, thunder, and the kingpin dd?

Post Thanks / Like
    as i stated i used it once on a fix up today

Post Thanks / Like
    So did Kingpin give you this machine to try out or did you have to buy this machine?
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    So did Kingpin give you this machine to try out or did you have to buy this machine?
    its notA KINGPIN MACHINE. THEY DONT MAKE THE AXYS so yes i bought it after the west palm show, what was ur point?

Post Thanks / Like
    richie, i think he was only asking if it was a sponsor you type of deal or if you bought it.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richie is right on this one. He has been using direct drives and carts for quite a while now. . So I would say he knows what he is talking about when it comes to DD rotaries. Richie has been following vital for sometime and bought it. While Vital has sponsored a few "average joe" hardworking tattooers that put out good work. Vital has no intention of buying top well know artists with free machines that they dont even use. Just to push sells like a few other well know companies. We will let the machines and customer service speak for it shelf. One of the goals of mine and Dan of vital tattoo was to not rape the artist for money and put out another 600 subpar machine with bad customer service-

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    Richie is right on this one. He has been using direct drives and carts for quite a while now. . So I would say he knows what he is talking about when it comes to DD rotaries. Richie has been following vital for sometime and bought it. While Vital has sponsored a few "average joe" hardworking tattooers that put out good work. Vital has no intention of buying top well know artists with free machines that they dont even use. Just to push sells like a few other well know companies. We will let the machines and customer service speak for it shelf. One of the goals of mine and Dan of vital tattoo was to not rape the artist for money and put out another 600 subpar machine with bad customer service-
    ty for clearing that up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmull View Post
    richie, i think he was only asking if it was a sponsor you type of deal or if you bought it.
    understood, yes i am sponsored by kp but for supplies , when it comes to machines i actually buy them, maybe at a lil better price for my personal use, this review was for a machine that i personally believe tops so many others performance, dan did an amazing job, and yes i did metion kp bcause they are the ones that carry the axys

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you used it for lining yet? Can you compare it to similar rotaries?