Post Thanks / Like

Can't change stroke on edge x

So, I got my edge X a couple of weeks ago. And today when i wanted to change the stroke, after i read the "getting started with edge x".pdf
    and watch a video on youtube, it didn't go as planned. I did everything the manual said and the guy on youtube. The bearing only moved like 0.2 mm,
    so I took the machine apart, and even apart I couldn't move the bearing. Is this looking like it should?bild.jpg
    Thanks in advance

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks right. The stoke adjustment is pretty hilarious on this machine. It's a total crap shoot... I could only really get like .5 of actual stroke change while adjusting it. This system is probably the worst of all adjustable stroke machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    the guy in the video changes stroke from one dot to two dots with ease, mine just barely move at all, so it feels like it's something wrong with it

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It only moves a tiny amount.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great answer Asa. that really helped!

But not all is lost. Here is the useful answer.
    The stroke moves 0.7mm. With this small increment you can go from 2.8 to 4.2mm
    Here is the math behind. With the eccentric piece flushed to the left you are at 2.8mm, all the way to the right you are at 4.2mm
    4.2-2.8mm = 1.4mm Half a spin of the can is what it takes to give you full stroke so 1.4 divided by 2 or x 0.5= 0.7mm Which is all the displacement you need with our system
    and any other system. This is simple math.

Make sure that you don't have any debris in the cam or eccentric piece.
    If your stroke is not moving this far please get in touch with us and we'll gladly send you a new stroke module. [email protected] or 855-FKIRONS
    Last edited by fkirons; 06-05-2015 at 02:43 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to adjust mine yesterday for the first time since I got it a month or 2 ago and my bearing doesn't seem to move at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Nevermind... I'm a dumb ass. The bearing slides such a small increment it's visually difficult to notice while in the housing.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also I take the little screw driver and press it flat and flush before tightening or the machine can possibly make more noise , yes it only slides a small amount mine does work though even if I don't use that feature much I have been running around 3.5 for a couple months I just adjusted it to max stroke the other day using a 14rl t tech, seemed to work pretty good 14rls can sometimes be a bitch anyways especially on the back of the arm