Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you are taking the carts apart and swapping out the dental ligature? Sorry I am probably a little or a lot late to the party here.

-Philip

Post Thanks / Like
    No biggie, I'll try to clarify. All Ttech-like carts come with either a silicone O-ring or a stiff rubber band inside. I switch that O-ring or rubber band out with the dental ligature. I shared a link to the site where I've been getting mine. I order the 3/16"diameter medium and 3/16"diameter hard; medium for shading, hard for lining, 3/16" diameter because that's what tension works best for me (1/4" diameter is too big anyway, needle will just flop around)

Post Thanks / Like
    I also noticed, before I started switching stuff out, that it seemed like there was too much tension on the plunger part of the cartridge, which pulls the entire rig against the back of the tube, causing too much plastic on plastic friction, and stuff starts to seize up. It also happens when you put too much bend in the needle(in the cartridge), because everything is punching on the plastic plunger/guide piece. So I switched out the O-ring with a Fk irons rubber band, one of the tiny ones they give you for the Direkt, I triple looped the rubber band around the needle "post" and did a couple tester tattoos on a POF we have laying around the shop. And then blah blah blah, research and what not, found these ligatures. And now I'm done typing for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a lot of mixed results with the NATs carts.

I've been using them for a month or more with zero problems. The guys from nats respond to any question or comment you might have (I get direct messages asking how I like the needles and if i would change anything... nice guys, and respond within minutes). And I got my package within days of ordering.

The liners I like more than cheyenne or ttech. The mags are nice, but I think I like ttech more. Just trying to decide how much more I like the ttechs, and if I would rather just save a couple bucks and get the nats as they work fine as well.

Haven't had any jam or any problems with the rubber band inside (though it's good to know the dental ligature tip).

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I emailed them the other day and got jack back so fuckem. . I'll keep using t-tech and swop the needles with other makes like I've always done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser6662 View Post
    Well I emailed them the other day and got jack back so fuckem. . I'll keep using t-tech and swop the needles with other makes like I've always done.
    Different strokes for different folks. I don't know if you know this already but Oct 1st-7th is golden week in China, so basically it's a week long holiday. J/s

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my order in today used the elite needles in the thunder edge x stylus coil using kingpin disposable cart grip and injecta using the hawk grip and one tattoo using the elite grip. So far id say they are my favorite carts. I also stick the plunger part of each cart in my a&d it lubes the plunger and i never had any ink come back out since i started doing this. i started when using slot locks because they would break all the time. i really wanna try these new rubber bands inside.

Post Thanks / Like
    just got some of these in and here's my opinion. They aren't nearly as nice as techs. The curved mags were lopsided in the curve. The mags weren't soldered onto the bars perfectly straight. And the liners I got were in the carts upside down or sideways. There Doesn't seem to be much quality control. Some of the carts fit snug in my hawk grip and some didn't. None of this has ever been an issue with ttech for me. I'm honestly surprised the reviews on here were so good, that's why I bought them. They work but they aren't nearly as nice as I'm used to with t techs. I personally don't think the price difference is worth the quality

Post Thanks / Like
    Having reread this thread I guess the reviews weren't all good on here. Should of paid more attention

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using elite carts for a while now and have had no problems .. I also tattoo more traditional bold line stuff so I really like the larger groupings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk