Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love to use meduim tapered 7 an 11mags for meduim to large colorwork . and 5mags for super brite colored small tattoos.and long taper 13 to 23 for bng. I personaly dont like rotarys with no give.
    try a rapier2 you will love it ,great price and service and you can get it to hit hard are soft with just the volts like a well tuned coil-shader/packer

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    ive had problems in the past using curved mags, same thing, trying to get up to the line i end up overworking it, now i almost never use curved, just standard 13 mag for almost all of my shading and coloring and haven't had a problem again.
    Sarenity Tattoo. 4350 24thAve. Ste.802, Mailbox 119. Fort Gratiot, MI 48059. (810)385-2222 www.SarenityTattoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to have problems with tattoos healing shitty when I used curved mags. Now I just use the regular ones.

4. Like truelov67 liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the problem you are having is that you are not able to tell the rpms this is what happened to me before. You may be running the machine way too fast.
    With coil machines you have the sound a guidance but with rotaries you need to guess a bit more.
    I say try reducing the voltage drastically and increase it by tiny increments until you are happy with the result.

If you run it too fast you'l chew skin like bubblegum.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never color in with mags up to the line or sit there and try and make it all perfect and precise up to the line. I use round shaders for that, everything is more precise that way any ways. Also some times i do another pass on my line work at then end witch solves that problem as well.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also don't hang your needles out at all, its possible that your creating drag and if the needle doesnt go back up into the the tube then it could be dragging through the skin. My tattoos with rotarys heal more consistently good and i believe this is the reason the machine is never having a bog down effect. I will say that I still have yet to get used to doing color tattoos with long tapered needles using rotarys. I use mithra medium tapers but because you have absolute control over the mag it makes up for not having a long tapered needle. Black and grey i can use them. When i first got my bishop It gave me some problems i had to tuck the needle up a bit and soon noticed i was having problems because of the tubes i was using. They were these giant 1.5 inch grips and forced me to have the needle enter the skin at a 90 degree angle. I have since went back to one inch and seem to be able to get a better angle to enter the skin with.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey tere phil I will pm u my fone number and help you with this issue. its definitly an issue that I know very well and has to do with rotary machines in general as the way to tattoo with them is very different and a few pointers I can give you will indeed help you a ton on this issue..

Post Thanks / Like
    oh come on Franco, share with the class.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better to just start technique threads it in the technique sections.