Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

Swashdriive cutback whip vs swashdrive compact

looking to buy a new machine, looking for advice, use t tech mostly, i know the whip pushes them really well , and the give on the whip is pretty amazing even with carts, I used a co workers a year or so ago, I was wondering if the compact can go as soft as the whip? does anyone have pics of the two machines side by side for size comparison? , does the whip have extra "magic" because of this whipping action, it really is one of the only rotary like it, giving a lot more slap then other machines, but with give, just like a coil. I am wondering how the compact compares in feeling to that, I will probably end up getting both but can only afford one at a time, Any input is appreciated.

it seems to me the whip is making a comeback, i know it was one of the best rotary liners i have ever tried especially when making the transition from coil. I am used to using direct drives like the hawk right now, and used the edge for quite some time.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump , no input anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a standard whip (not the cutback) and a compact. They're both amazing machines. The whip can go quite a bit softer than the compact. But the compact feels more solid with carts. The compact is a bit louder. But barely noticeable. The weight differs (whip feels lighter and compact is a bit top heavy). If you're comfortable with the hawk and edge, I'd say start with the compact. But you can't really go wrong with either one. I'm not at the shop for a few days, so I can't get a pic for you. But I'll post one when I can. Hope that helps.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the reply you rock the pic would be appreciated ! Do you think the compact goes softer then the edge x mine didn't go soft at all

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries, man. I'll be back to work on Saturday. So I'll post a pic then. And yes, the compact give has a different feel from the edge. But I think it does go softer.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right on I think I'm pretty set on a whip the give on cartridge needles is the best I have ever tried so I really want another it seems a lot of guys are posting up sick work on the swashdrive Facebook page who are all using ships right now

Post Thanks / Like
    If the cutback is anything like the standard whip, I think you'll be stoked with it. I love mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the compact for the first time today, (I've had the whip for two years). The compact is by far the most versatile rotary I have used. I have been a DD user for about 6yrs and this thing blew me away. It is so easy to do everything with. I use ttechs and kingpin disposable cart grips and they work great together. I wasn't a fan of give on rotaries until today. I did this today, all done with the compact. Bug pin 3 liner, bug pin 9 liner, bug pin 13 curved mag.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay, man. Here's a shot of both of them together.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for doing that man, i am really interested in the compact i think i might have to go with one of those i think it would be pretty sweet with all those options