Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same here all of above Hi Carlsworth would you have the part number to order the motor from maxon as mine is now sitting in my work chest still love the machine do

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey acink,

this is from the invoice of motor- works out around 80 quid......but was reading earlier tonight, that Stigma will do the motor cheaper, because they buy in bilk....if you can get them to reply to an email :/

Article Technical data Unit price Quantity Total price
    motor
    RE-max 17 Ø17 mm, Graphite Brushes, 4.5 Watt, with terminals
    Part-No.: 216000
    Outer diameter: 17 mm
    Type power: 4.5 W
    Nominal voltage: 12 V
    No load speed: 10400 rpm
    Nominal torque (max. continuous torque): 4.06 mNm
    CHF 73.60 1 CHF 73.60
    Subtotal products CHF 73.60
    Total shopping cart CHF 73.60
    Shipping costs CHF 39.70
    Packing costs CHF 5.00
    VAT -
    Total CHF 118.30

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had good customer service from Stigma, but I don't use the Hyper. I had to get new motors in my old Bizarres after using them almost exclusively for 3 1/2 years...and no doubt also getting some liquid into one of the motors. They were possibly a tad grumpy about the details of the service, but quick, efficient and fair, and they were fine repairing a machine they don't even build anymore.
    I might be a little loyal to Stigma, but hopefully not biased. I just wanted to put in a good word for a company I love.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here,when that happens i screw the little screws next to rca on each side and works perfectly again until does it again,and screw them back again....good to know that i'm not the only one

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same issue on my Bizarre v2. I fixed it puting a bit of pressure with a clamp to make the rca an elipse shape instead of a circle. Not very good for a machine you want to trade, but efficient for a machine you want to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had the same problem. I'm not sending it back again. I had mine drop. Armature broke. Sent it back for a crap load of money for shipping and repairs. When I got it back the motor didn't even run!had to ship it again and buy a new motor since somehow it was my fault?? It still ran when I sent it back the first time. Now the RCA Jack blows and I'm not gonna dare go through that nightmare again. Sorry about your luck too man. After the months and malfunctions I was sent a single piece of hard candy. I win I guess...??

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    we sell motors aswell as repair other brand rotaries

www.jacksteelmachines.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Update. I sent a brief but far from disrespectful email to Stigma's customer service yesterday. Simply stated the issue and that I needed the price of two RCA jacks. They'd given me a price last year, but I wanted to make sure it was the same, didn't know if my coworker's would be a different model, and overall wanted to let them know what our situation was without being a dick about it. Just got a reply from Stigma about the issue and got talked to like I was some kind of a dumbass, like they're pissed with me because my machine isn't working and told me that they're just going to copy and paste the same info from an email they sent a year ago. They tried to tell me that I only paid 96 Euro for repairs and return shipping, and that I chose the more expensive return shipping method (difference of about $50, still would have been $180 total). So they must think I had the machine flown there by a pigeon because they apparently don't know that it cost me $100 to send that thing across the Atlantic, cheapest way I could find.

I'm not saying I don't have my Forrest Gump moments, but I'm pretty sure nobody appreciates condescending customer service. I'd have a lot more respect for Stigma if they didn't try dropping the blame on everybody else instead of taking some responsibility. So I'm gonna buy the two RCA jacks and fix the thing myself, and that's the last Stigma machine I ever buy. Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate all the help.