Post Thanks / Like

Cheyenne grip seized up.

How do I fix this problem? Or any experience besides running fkirons lube down the side into the open groove?

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a product called marvelous mystery oil. It's sold in auto parts stores. Try soaking it in that. The problem is that the bare wear points of the aluminum corrode, the mystery oil can remove some surface corrosion. Shouldn't take long. Maybe an hour. I would soak it for 15min and then try and move it by hand. Then repeat.

Some other products may work too, that was just the first one that. And to mind.

3. Like Invertedpixel liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on how the grip broke.. the old ones had a metal part that would corrode. The new ones have a ceramic insert that can break in pieces. Sometimes the bearings get stuck and the springs break. Easiest way is to open it and make sure all the parts are working right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    There is a product called marvelous mystery oil. It's sold in auto parts stores. Try soaking it in that. The problem is that the bare wear points of the aluminum corrode, the mystery oil can remove some surface corrosion. Shouldn't take long. Maybe an hour. I would soak it for 15min and then try and move it by hand. Then repeat.

Some other products may work too, that was just the first one that. And to mind.
    You are like a tattoo machine Mac Guyver. I am envious of your breadth of machine knowledge, please don't ever leave this forum.
    INSTAGRAM
    @invertedpixel

www.inkandpistons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you it worked great, from being seized to rotating like new!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I could help.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also used air gun oil slicksteel told me about you can get on ebay . Just a few drops down the cracks where it rotates and it has fixed them for me before to instantly