Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

cover up -lined and shaded with workhorse rotary.

this was the first tattoo that i used the workhorse rotary on.made light work of the cover up as the eagle it went over was pretty strong -about 3 hours work ran at 4 volts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0627.jpg   IMG_0604.jpg  

2. Like Mr.Taboo, Administrator liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one , that eye really pops.

Post Thanks / Like
    that was really three hours!!? holy shit! what size needles did you use? looks great man.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines possessed2sk8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    too much blue

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im loving the blue and its done a great job of covering the old ink,Bet the client was very pleased.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for comments-yes i agree there is a lot of blue ,but client was insisting on the colour scheme -all sentimental stuff to do with his kids,given the choice i would have used a lot more black and grey!iused a tight 9 liner size 10 for the tight lines and did my usual trick of spreading with a lighter for the bolder lines.all shading waswith a 9 mag size 12 with a huge spread between the 2 layers-all needles are lou molloy brand -best all round needles i've tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i think gray water would have worked out better sometimes customers are a pain in the ass about their sentimental bs. i think its our duty to step in sometimes and give our professional opinion though even if they are stubborn as hell we have to give it our best shot...btw this part of the forum is fully visible by the public (no account needed) and you just gave away all kinds of secrets to the scratchers out there

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you been on Nick Baxter's forum, Mike Devreis' forum? All open to the public. I can also tell you that based on the site alylitics the vast majority of guest traffic is to the reviews section of the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    So your saying its ok to pass on valued information from our trade to hacks because other dudes with names are doing it? People like that are one of the reasons why our trade has become so wattered down. I love tattooing and care about tattooing and I will continue to do it when the fad fades and I can no longer afford to do it for a living. So I'm gonna bitch and moan about all the stuff that's destroying it until people start paying attention to what's happening. Everyone is not an artist and cannot start tattooing just because its cool or they think they get rich off of it.

11. Like gangstajay liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    To clarify I'm not saying its not ok to have an open forum but that some of us should watch what we share in public. And mike apologies for hijacking your thread to rant