Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Damnit, BISHOP! Fail...NEOTAT???

Hey guys. I dont know if this is where this needs to go, if not please feel free to remove. Anyways...
    I have had 3 bishops since I started using rotaries a short time ago. One, just stopped running. It started running super slow, and then just pooped out completely. I thought " It happens ". I love the looks and feel of the bishop, so I gave it another chance. Ended up with a 4mm Bishop. Loved it, but I decided I prefered the 3.5mm, so I got rid of the 4, and just got a 3.5mm again. Well, today I go to plug it in to "try it out". Runs great! I go to unhook the RCA cord from the back of the machine when.. WTF! The RCA input on the back of the bishop came out completely. Stuck in the RCA cord! ( No effort or force used. Used this Eikon rca cord for many machines. even my coil machines are RCA converted. ). I look and the thread/sleeve is literally broken. I was furious. Brand new machine. Falls apart. So, I have 2 NEOtat machines. Which never got much use, as I was using the bishops. But, I have had ZERO problems from the little time ive spent with NEOtats. So... with that said, Althought I prefer the looks of Bishop. I think I will be sticking to neotat.
    I have just had it beat in my head that the NEOTAT vivace was not as good a machine because it doesnt use " the superior MAXON motor" and the " Mabuchi is chinese junk, etc ". Anyways, I was just pissed off and wanted to rant and get some feedback. lol

With regards,
    New NEOTAT fanboy
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    The Mabuchi is actually from Japan where they make amazing products, not quite the same as Chinese crap. Not a huge fan of the Maxon motors anymore either.

Post Thanks / Like
    mabuchi or nanco i think running most a lot better as Maxon motors - Nicks build very good machines with the nanco ,very fast and good power -and i run the same machine after 2 years daily use without any issue. Dan Kubin have change the motor back from maxon to mabuchi because they are better running and i notice this with a lot other machines too. Maxon i think its only expensive and maybe its better to change from time to time the motor for 30 bugs as to buy a motor for 200 usd and have it inconsistent running after 6 month. I notice the maxon change after a few month the consistence and power and get softer with time. The only expensiv and very good brand i can recommend is faulhaber - the are strong but a mabuchi or nanco is not bad as a faulhaber -but all most better as maxon

4. Like R0st0ck liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    better running then maxon?...

i've had clients with over 1100hours on their machine , with a maxon motor that's only 17mm ....
    mabuchi is way bigger,heavyer and the performance isnt what a maxon does , however , maxon has tons of motors , and using a precious metal brushed motor is not the way to go with tattoo machines ... i think Gaston can also tell you this

6. Like R0st0ck liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you should just send them back to bishop under their warranty and have them replaced no problem issue solved. Im more than sure they would take care of you. Give them a call

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, they offered to fix the problem. But dealing with the issue with more than one Bishop in such a short period of time, and dealing with the inconvenience has just left me a bit salty of their product. make sense?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MAXON MOTOR use in BISHOP are not so good,i use it before, is the A-MAX series, the only MAXON good is the RE-MAX series and the new DCX series

MABUCHI is japanese but produce in TAIWAN or CHINA like many of massive production products, are cheap and good

Post Thanks / Like
    not all from china is bad ,when the company pay a good price they can do good stuff -but the most only would pay less to nothing - for me a mabuchi is better as a a-max maxon

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattw506 View Post
    Yeah, they offered to fix the problem. But dealing with the issue with more than one Bishop in such a short period of time, and dealing with the inconvenience has just left me a bit salty of their product. make sense?
    Can you tell me where you purchased each of the 3 Bishops? I have never even seen an rca break at the threads so Im intrigued to find out the cause of course.

If you have had this happen, I will personally be looking out for your package with the 3 machines which I have no problem repairing or replacing with brand new machines as this is not the norm. This is odd and not the usual review. Lets get them repaired asap. As for maxon motors, the A max that we use is absolutely a great motor despite what he said. We use 2 custom ball bearings included in our AMAX Motors which makes them superior. if ordered stock A-MAX, the sleeve bearings arent too good for tattoo application. email me direct [email protected] and thank you for the input.

12. Like tatu richie liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @FRANCO VESCOVI, on my first rotary i use MAXON A-MAX 110123, 15 V, 22 mm diameter, im sure is the same series of the motor u use, i test 4 new motors make it run costantly on the machines, with needles, tube, rubber bands and after 3-4 hours the shaft come out from the motor, and when the machines run, absorb much less ampere that what the specific of the motor say,
    i make run at 12 volts and absorb about 0.25 ampere, i contact MAXON ITALY and never get replace of the motor , they only say that they sale mostly RE-MAX for use on TATTOO MACHINES, after this imove to MABUCHI and this never happen

so this why i say A-MAX series are no good, when the motor get just little bit warm, this fucking shaft come out from inside, is just stick with the glue inside the motor, look like stupid mistake but is like this, TRY ON YOUR MACHINES AND GONNA SEE THAT THIS HAPPEN TOO

sound like the RE-MAX 216000 , the one almost everybody use don't have this problem, that u make the machine run costantly the shaft gonna resist