Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by No Iron Machines View Post
    @FRANCO VESCOVI, on my first rotary i use MAXON A-MAX 110123, 15 V, 22 mm diameter, im sure is the same series of the motor u use, i test 4 new motors make it run costantly on the machines, with needles, tube, rubber bands and after 3-4 hours the shaft come out from the motor, and when the machines run, absorb much less ampere that what the specific of the motor say,
    i make run at 12 volts and absorb about 0.25 ampere, i contact MAXON ITALY and never get replace of the motor , they only say that they sale mostly RE-MAX for use on TATTOO MACHINES, after this imove to MABUCHI and this never happen

so this why i say A-MAX series are no good, when the motor get just little bit warm, this fucking shaft come out from inside, is just stick with the glue inside the motor, look like stupid mistake but is like this, TRY ON YOUR MACHINES AND GONNA SEE THAT THIS HAPPEN TOO

sound like the RE-MAX 216000 , the one almost everybody use don't have this problem, that u make the machine run costantly the shaft gonna resist
    the Amax series motor is a perfect motor, but only if you use the 12v with 2 ball bearings. the shaft came loose because yours has a sleeve bearing which isnt bad, but not good for tattoo application as there is too much axial load. The 2 ball bearings make this motor 5 times more sturdy against the axial and radial load. Most people dont know this but its fact. even the 216000 isnt a good motor unless you pay extra to get ball bearings instead of sleeve. Hope this helps

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines SinnerTattooMachines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I completely agree with Franco Vescovi, i have tested several maxon while testing motors to SINNER NOSFERATU, including the A-MAX 110123 without bearings, and it doesn't compares to the ones with the shaft mounted in 2 ball bearings.