Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattw506 View Post
    Hey guys, I just got my 2nd Spektra Halo ( 3.6mm ). I was wondering if its normal for these machines to be loud? When I was doing research before I got them, I was reading they were " whisper quiet ". I sold my first one because it was loud, thought maybe something was wrong with it. Well, I bought another from a fellow tattooer, and its just as loud if not louder. ( Def louder than my neotats, and bishops by FAR ). I was just wondering if this is a common issue? The machines run as they should. Just LOUD. lol. They are legit, and have low hours. I love these machines, was just wondering about this. Thanks guys
    Machines can be much more whisper quiet unloaded. If it's suddenly much louder than it was before its time to investigate. Whatever sound it makes out of the box should be what you can become accustomed to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: FK is sending me a replacement pin to replace the pin that fell out of my halo, free. Super satisfied with their customer service

Post Thanks / Like
    even if you got them from someone you know it sounds like a knock off and the needle arm coming out both things are problems that the knock-offs had

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys. Just got another Halo ( 3rd ). And it is loud to.. like really loud ( compared to other rotaries ) lol. These Halos are all legit, 100% authentic. Taken care of. I have verified with FK that these are in fact legit. I just cant figure out why my Halos are so loud. When I take the motors out and run the motor alone, theyre super quiet. But when put back together theyre loud. So it has to have something to do with the slide/fit. Idk. Im frustrated because these are hands down my favorite rotaries Ive ever used.

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course the motors will be silent out of the body, they have no resistance. Halos have a distinct sound. That's all there is to it. I don't mind it at all really, but I also only use them with stainless 1 in ttech grips. That helps tremendously with noise an vibration. Great machines. I could use another. Lol.