Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Swashdrive whip cutback

So I received my machine and read the instructions. It says not to use a critical power supply? Why is this, and is this dated material? I have one of the newest model critical power supplies and if I can't use it with this machine; I simply can't justify buying a different power supply for a machine after dropping 4 bills or so already.

Also, when using this for lining, what set up do you recommend?

Voltage etc?

Also, with the give clip, is 10 softest and 1 hardest?

Thanks guys foreign technology to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a lot of Swashdrive machines and use them on my critical all the time. First time I have heard this. I would message Tony Oliver on Facebook and ask him directly.

Been a bit since I used the whip but I would start about halfway give with the lighter weight for lining.

I do want to try a cutback whip. Hope it works out well for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try it out. Thank you for the positive words. Sure it will take some getting used to.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a critical and I use my swash 8 regularly and have no problems.

Typically I line at lower voltage than others, I use my swash in and around 6.5-7
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed with the whip at you adjust voltage it adjust needle depth. Is that what the give clip is for? To find the hardness of hit you like and then set the stroke accordingly? It's a rather confusing yet simple machine

Post Thanks / Like
    Swashdrive have recommet i think because you can over power your machine with a critical. I have 2 machines thats going down and i have replace the motor -after the third machine i have go and measure the volts - and i have seen it !
    Critical have more volt as showing in the display. from 5 to 8v its most 1v more -after 9v - 12v its was 2v more - with 14v i have measure 18V ! so when you run the machine with maybe 11v -you let it really run with 13 to 14v and thats can burn the motor with the time. But thats the issue with every rotary. So i have change my Powersupply with a spinner and venom2 and now its all good. With the clip you adjust the hardness of the needle force - with the weight you get more stroke and a extra punch -its more like a coil. When you use a rubber on the end of the clip -the clip is working tougher - with the rubber on the top of the clip you get the needle faster in the skin and with less time out. You need some feel and time to find your spot -and use a neon light to find your speed

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a cutback whip and its way better than the previous of whip.much smoother more quiet and stronger.also 0 vibrations.i use it on my critical cx2 at 8.5 volts for lining with the clip to the softest point (the clip down) with no weights on it.i tried it with 3liners to 14 liners and it smacks ink in like nobody's business.colorpacking also at the lowest position.the more free the armbar is the harder slap it delivers.for shading i put it to the top position which minimises the give and makes the stroke smaller .used it with a 39 curved mag and i have to say this machine is the best i ever used..volts 7.5-8.8.hope it helps and i tell you that you made a great choice for a new toy

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you mean by top and bottom position? Top meaning closest to the needle?

Post Thanks / Like
    top -hardest and bottom -all give ,you see it at the bar how much its vibrate

Post Thanks / Like
    So the farthest forward is the least give?