Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Swash Whip or Sidewinder??

Help me decide! Its new machine time. Im buying one of these to use mainly as a liner. I've done just about all the web crawling I can to gather info. I like that the whip has been around for years now, looks really adjustable on the fly. I also like that I have never seen a cutback whip on tattoo gear for sale. I like the price too 400$ and some change direct from swash. I have also seen some amazing work done with the whip.
    As far as the sidewinder goes I like that it was designed to be used specifically as a liner, its metal, and made in my own country. But, I see them for sale all the time and I haven't seen any tattoos done with them that have really made me feel like it must make the work any easier. I have also heard that they take constant adjustment to keep in tune. But I hear so many praises sang for them!!
    Its so hard to decide!
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Oh, and my usual liner needles range from 4's up to loose 8's and a rare loose 11. Im not trying to use "14s on everything like a sharpie"

Post Thanks / Like
    i do believe that shipping from australia is very steep, i believe that 50-75 dollars is the minimum, i would definately check on this as i wouldnt stake my life on it. but im pretty sure it is.

3. Thanks SKINWORX thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unimax in the states sells the whip. No need for shipping. The whip is adjustable and with the weights customizable. It isn't finicky and will always run the same. Can you say that about the sidewinders?

5. Thanks Jesse Phillips thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whip with shipping and insurance is $407.00 and some change direct from swash. Unimax sells it for 495.00. Hmmm

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shipping from swash is fast and reasonable. In my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a gen 8 from them last April and it was about $50.00 less than Unimax and I got it about 7 days after I placed my order. Their customer service has been top notch too. Im not hesitant in the slightest to do more business with them.

9. Like Noa liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Phillips View Post
    I ordered a gen 8 from them last April and it was about $50.00 less than Unimax and I got it about 7 days after I placed my order. Their customer service has been top notch too. Im not hesitant in the slightest to do more business with them.
    Th at good to know. I was hesitant to order directly from them because of horror stories I've heard of getting stuff shipped from australia

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a great experience ordering direct from Swash. I saved quite a few dollars even with the shipping. The markup on the machines plus sales tax made the machine over $600 from a local distributor.
    INSTAGRAM
    @invertedpixel

www.inkandpistons.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive used sidewinders since Dan first made them. For lining they are hands down the best machine ive used, coil or otherwise. Check my instagram for work done with them. I have just recently switched to the edge x for everything due to hand issues.

The sidewinders are finicky however, do blob ink and do need a bit of tuning once in a while. Needle wise I used mine on everything from tight 3s up to loose 14s with no bother at all.I think the reason you see them for sale is people buy more than one (customs and one offs etc) but you don't really need more than one.
    @bengriffiths_tattooer on instagram.

13. Thanks Jesse Phillips thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am hoping to get some feedback from someone who has used both. Anyone out there?