Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    I dunno where you info is coming from the sidewinders are much lighter than my lightest coil. It does not need constant tuning - I haven't tuned my v2 in months, and use it daily.

Different machines - the sidewiders are geared toward lining and can easily be tuned for other tasks. I have both and use my SW more - its my daily liner. I love my swash for b and grey and even colour and it can line 3-5 very well, but IMO the SW pushes bigger needles better, that being said I tend to line off the tip.

Yer welcome to your opinion but you make it sound like the SW get out of tune easily and that just is not the case.

PLUS if you have a v1 of sidewinder Dan will let you trade it in for a v3 - to my knowledge not one other rotary builder has offered that. Plus I like machines that tattooers build, but thats just my opinion. The SC is designed to be cart friendly and is a hell of a good shader as well.
    dont get me wrong mate,in my last sentence i said i bow to dans skills and in my language its a heavy phrase giving emphasis on how much respected this man is in my eyes.the constand off tunning is an issue ive red from peoples posts ,revews and saying.they do need a more detailed tunning to change tasks unlike the whip that its just a slide clip or a weight ring for greater hit.i use my whip for everything,from smooth silcky shades to pepershading and colorpacking.i used it with 3tight liner to 15 traditional liner and it pushed it in like nobodys buisines.i would say the sw is for more traditional work and it shines at that field but the whip is more vercile and multitask.
    this was my experience and knowledge ,but you are a respected tattooist here so your opinion counts and its respected.things may be somewere in the middle because i used the sw only for a couple tattoos and not on a daily basis like the whips.so you have a more complete idea on the sw.as i said in MY eyes whips are the holy grail by 1000

Post Thanks / Like
    mind you that i had the gen 8 and i disliked it.that said to make clear that im not a companys or builders fan that everything comes out from them i love and worship.just the particular model of their machine line.and i can say that for all builders.some models shine some dont.but thats another story for a different threat

Post Thanks / Like
    sidewinder is a very good machine like the whip too for me, in some case the sidewinder work faster for me -but i dont need it always. The only bad i can tell you is the sidewinder is very silly some times and blobs, splash or eat my grommet
    The weigt is around 140g i would say and very nice i think. When i have long sessions the whip hurts my hand because i have more to pushing it. But i love both and would not sell any of them. Both are great machines and the day tell me what i love more to work today and thats change always. By the way -some times i have the feel the lines looks smoother with a whip but all clients tell me the whip hurts more as a sidewinder and is slower by far. Tuning from the sidewinder is very stable. Its how you run the machine. I have tuning my sidewinder 1 to 2 times in year only

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Panos tattoo View Post
    mind you that i had the gen 8 and i disliked it.that said to make clear that im not a companys or builders fan that everything comes out from them i love and worship.just the particular model of their machine line.and i can say that for all builders.some models shine some dont.but thats another story for a different threat
    Heh - oddly I have an 8 and love it - probally just tattoo different. I have to admit the first gens did need to ba adjusted much more than the 2s Im looking forward to upgrading my gen 1 for a gen 3.

No disrespect meant. I have tried machines others swear by and just didnt work for me.
    Last edited by nivek; 10-26-2015 at 11:58 AM.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    sidewinder is a very good machine like the whip too for me, in some case the sidewinder work faster for me -but i dont need it always. The only bad i can tell you is the sidewinder is very silly some times and blobs, splash or eat my grommet
    The weigt is around 140g i would say and very nice i think. When i have long sessions the whip hurts my hand because i have more to pushing it. But i love both and would not sell any of them. Both are great machines and the day tell me what i love more to work today and thats change always. By the way -some times i have the feel the lines looks smoother with a whip but all clients tell me the whip hurts more as a sidewinder and is slower by far. Tuning from the sidewinder is very stable. Its how you run the machine. I have tuning my sidewinder 1 to 2 times in year only
    I had a similar issue with my gen 2 and found that bending the bar up by the loop took care of the spitting and glob issues.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    yes nivek - i run it with less biting and bending the needle on the loop and have now never again this issue - the tuning holds long time and its much easyer and faster as the whip

7. Like nivek liked this post.