Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have used both - both can line great but you need time to find your sweet spot on the whip. The lines with the whip looks cleaner and smoother. With the sidewinder you can fast line on bad areas too but the quality of lines is not good as with coils or a whip i think. Or you need to find your sweet spot to. Its needs a lot of tuning like coils and run not the same after 2-3 times of use. And you have to find the right rubber ,nipple to get it good working. For me the whip is a lot easyer to handle.

2. Thanks Jesse Phillips thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by S_Trofatter View Post
    i do believe that shipping from australia is very steep, i believe that 50-75 dollars is the minimum, i would definately check on this as i wouldnt stake my life on it. but im pretty sure it is.
    In Imax, has them here in the states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Phillips View Post
    Help me decide! Its new machine time. Im buying one of these to use mainly as a liner. I've done just about all the web crawling I can to gather info. I like that the whip has been around for years now, looks really adjustable on the fly. I also like that I have never seen a cutback whip on tattoo gear for sale. I like the price too 400$ and some change direct from swash. I have also seen some amazing work done with the whip.
    As far as the sidewinder goes I like that it was designed to be used specifically as a liner, its metal, and made in my own country. But, I see them for sale all the time and I haven't seen any tattoos done with them that have really made me feel like it must make the work any easier. I have also heard that they take constant adjustment to keep in tune. But I hear so many praises sang for them!!
    Its so hard to decide!
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Oh, and my usual liner needles range from 4's up to loose 8's and a rare loose 11. Im not trying to use "14s on everything like a sharpie"

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cagelavey View Post
    unimax

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    It is much cheaper to order a Swash directly from Australia than it is to order one from Unimax.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deakon View Post
    Ive used sidewinders since Dan first made them. For lining they are hands down the best machine ive used, coil or otherwise. Check my instagram for work done with them. I have just recently switched to the edge x for everything due to hand issues.

The sidewinders are finicky however, do blob ink and do need a bit of tuning once in a while. Needle wise I used mine on everything from tight 3s up to loose 14s with no bother at all.I think the reason you see them for sale is people buy more than one (customs and one offs etc) but you don't really need more than one.
    ANother reason is he updates, I have sold my sidewinders only after upgrading. I have yet to get a new one, but its planned. THat being said I use mine v2 as my daily liner and another as a black and grey and second liner (when needed)
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    I acquired a Whip via trade a few days ago. Its one if the Dr. Blood ones from a few years ago. The only thing that could make it better would be if it had some weight to it, lol. Im having trouble staying steady with it as I am so used to lining with heavy coils. But, its really cool, Trouble and glitch free lining and shading all week. I can drag lines in any direction like a pen instead of pushing all the lines which is pretty amazing! Ill buy another.

Post Thanks / Like
    someone would turn to rotaries because of weight and tunning discomfort.why get a sidewinder then?its as heavy as a lightweight coil machine and it needs constand tunning unlike a coil machine that needs tunning once a year. and with upgrades from dan makes the previus model lose value.the whip onthe other hand needs no tunning and its the same since it was released.the cutback has a stronger motor to be more cart friendly.one advantage for travellers that was not mentioned is how solid and durable build it is.you can throw it in a back pack and dont worry for gettin damages or untunne.not that anyone would but i like havin a machine that its not a delicade tool like the rest of the machines.for fuck sakes ive seen a video on youtube with Tony Oliver thowing here and there the machine to show how durable it is.
    i repect dan and i bow to his skills but on this debay tony passed through with a 1000 miles in my opinion

11. Like Noa liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno where you info is coming from the sidewinders are much lighter than my lightest coil. It does not need constant tuning - I haven't tuned my v2 in months, and use it daily.

Different machines - the sidewiders are geared toward lining and can easily be tuned for other tasks. I have both and use my SW more - its my daily liner. I love my swash for b and grey and even colour and it can line 3-5 very well, but IMO the SW pushes bigger needles better, that being said I tend to line off the tip.

Yer welcome to your opinion but you make it sound like the SW get out of tune easily and that just is not the case.

PLUS if you have a v1 of sidewinder Dan will let you trade it in for a v3 - to my knowledge not one other rotary builder has offered that. Plus I like machines that tattooers build, but thats just my opinion. The SC is designed to be cart friendly and is a hell of a good shader as well.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more