Post Thanks / Like

edge x full give with grub screw removed?

Hello! I love my edge x,but have never got the hang of the give; My machine doesn't seem to have any!..I've read various posts on here and I've come to the conclusion that my machine is completely fine as the give is very slight and hardly noticeable..Anyway,as I said,i love the EdgeX and it impresses me more each time I use it...Today though,something happened!...I was nearing the end of a 5hr tattoo,and my edgex got a little noisy..I assumed maybe it needed a little lube,so did so, but no,still noisy..I had to finish the piece as thr client was nearing his limit,so I thought I'd carry on then take a look at thr machine later. BUT..I gotta say,that as soon as the noise appeared,the give on the machine was incredible!..im primarily a coil user so have plenty of give on my soft shader, and the EdgeX at this point was awesome!!..I thought perhaps it may have previously been jammed but finally released itself?..when I had a closer look,I found the reason...The grub screw on the cam had become loose,and fallen out!.. My question to my fellow EdgeX users, -or hopefully Gaston if he happens to read this!, is:...can it damage my machine to run it without the grub screw??!!!. .I of course put the screw back in (when I found it),tightened it up,and found immediately that it had no give again...thanks for reading!,really hope I get a reply! !

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah,my Edge X feels the same.It works awesome,but I cannot notice any give difference by turning the screw.I took it apart to check the give knob from inside,nothing wrong.It's just barely noticeable.Maybe it should be like that,I'm not sure.
    But the Edge X is my top favorite machine in the last 2 months.Always less redness than when I work with other rotaries