Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Phillips View Post
    Maybe you should have more than 2 machines. What would you do if one or both completely broke down?
    With the Gen 8's I can line and shade with the same machine, just have to make a give clip adjustment so I could live for a week if one broke down and I had to order a new one. It's unlikely that both machines would die at the same time. I don't like jumping around to different machines b/c I want to settle on a machine that works best for me and use it exclusively so it becomes a part of me, so to speak. I do my best work with these machines so far out of anything else I've tried so I wouldn't want to do someone the injustice of using a different machine I don't work quite as well with even if I was in a pinch. Sucks that they won't sell this part to me. Todays session I put the noisy swashplate on my liner b/c I really needed my shader to be on point. I may just give in and buy the bearings and try to press them out myself and cross my fingers I don't screw anything up b/c I really like the machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ended up going directly through Oust Bearings to get the replacement bearing I needed and was able to set up a jig with a c-clamp and a little punch to press the bearing out and the center spindle out of the bearing. Put new bearing in, machine back together and she runs smooth and quite again. The guy at Oust was extremely helpful to me and directed me to some good videos on properly lubing these bearings which I will be doing for now on instead of trying to snake the lube needle under the dust seal and all that crap. I got a set of 8 bearings from Oust for $50 some odd dollars and Swashdrive wanted to sell me the same exact bearing for $25 for a single one... I remember I took a lot of heat on here a few months ago for buying and reviewing the Lace machine because the guys aren't tattooist or support the industry or are greedy, etc... How is Swashdrive any different?? I got close to $2000 tied up in their equipment and they refuse to sell me parts to their own machines and want me to ship them to Australia so they can charge me a service fee and want to rape me on a fucking bearing. My next machines will be American made, I'm done dealing with this foreign bullshit.

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sucks to hear that about their customer service

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey butter nuts, would you be so kind as to link me to those lube videos?

5. Like Dameluz liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Read this out loud...and...slow enough to fully understand. If you don't laugh you have issues.

7. Thanks Butternuts thanked for this post.
    Like John, Butternuts liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahahahaha!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    But on a serious note it's a bit pants that you had to go down that route Butternuts.

10. Like darkness liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might have to private message ya those videos ;o) hahahahahaha

The guy from Oust directed me to these videos for maintaining their bearings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEkAeVVivK8

I doubt you'd ever have to soak the bearings in the cleaning solution like the video b/c in a tattoo machine they aren't being exposed to dust and dirt and whatnot but I like the idea of popping off the dust seal and dripping the oil right on the bearing instead of trying to snake the needle in there and ripping the seal up.
    Last edited by Butternuts; 11-07-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks man! Hahaha, finally get to see this lube video ��!

13. Like Butternuts liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont get this thread, just a few weeks ago we had like 10 heads raving about how awesome swashdrive is and how fast they send you shit, and how dumb it is to buy their products from american distributors. Thread practically says the opposite of the other one. can someone clear this up for me and tell me who to believe lol.