Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Swashdrive customer service

Not sure if I'm posting this thread in the right category or not but does anyone on here have any experience with Swashdrives customer service?? I got two Gen 8's I bought brand new plus a Spinner power supply about a year ago and the one machine is starting to get very chattery so I want to get two brand new swashplates to freshen them both back up to new. I emailed and talked to Tony Oliver about getting the parts and he said they can't sell the swashplates b/c people can put them on counterfeit machines but I can send them both to Australia and they'll put new swashplates on them and ship them back to me.....What the fuck?? These two machines are my daily drivers so I can't ship them out and wait weeks to get them back. I sent him closeups of the machines and offered to send the receipts from when I bought them to verify they are authentic to get these parts but all I got back was "the swashplate should last for years"..... I use these things hours on end on a daily basis so I am very familiar with how they run and something in the swashplate is definitely going out on the one, I can even feel a difference when spinning the bearing by hand. All I want is parts for my machines I paid good money for dang nabbit!!!!! Really hoping they resolve this b/c if not I'll never buy another Swashdrive product as long as I live if they don't want to sell the parts for their own machines to consumers. I've never heard of such a thing in my life. He said he can sell me the bearings if I have access to an arbor press (which I don't) but I'm not even going to piss with that b/c if I break the clip or something else then I'm screwed. Anyone else ever have any issues getting parts from these guys??

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep - I contacted them regarding the needle guide that broke, I was told it would be shipped out immediately then a month later I had to re contact them regarding it. I understand that things get missed and overlooked so I just shrugged it off.

My advice contact him and tell him the same thing.. I understand his concerns but at the same time - Im not fond of people that make you send something in to be fixed that you can do yourself.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only had a positive experience with them. At the beginning of the month I sent my gen 8 back to them (still under warranty) because it was running really erratically. They said they couldn't find any problems with it and Tony said he even tattooed with it and it worked perfectly. Just to stay professional Im not going to get into details but I tactfully pushed the issue and they mailed me a new machine which I should be getting in the mail in the next few days.
    I think the only pisser here is that you have to wait so long for your machine because Australia is a very long way away and its not cheap to get something there either.
    Im pretty sure that it says somewhere on their website that they don't sell certain parts but I might be wrong. I think if you are persistent and polite (patient too) you can get your machines fixed and just be out money for shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    The do sell the bearings. Most likely a new bearing would fix it. Also there are wear plates in the back that may need replacing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wrote them asking for a part and never received a response. Days later contacted Tony on FB and he was kind and professional, but I don't think it's the right way to get attention from what might be a professional crew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just heard back and they won't sell me the new swashplates unless I ship them my machines...these are the only two machines that I own so thats not really a possibility. Never heard of such a stupid ass thing in my life. Would you ever buy a new car that you couldn't get parts for or had to tow it to the garage to change a turn signal bulb? I don't get it or is it they want to charge me a service fee to loosen and tighten one Allen screw? Bullshit

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats not right Butternuts - the major issue is that are some ripp offs on ebay and when you replace the motor you have a nearly true Swashdrive. They have patentet the plate and thats the only different from the copy that you feel and see when you tattoo. So they sell the weight and whip-bars only to registeret buyers or you have to send them the bill to check that you have buy one. In the last years a lot of tattooers have buy a china swashdrive ,replace the motor and have bought only the weights and whip-bar to have a original working whip. So i can understand that the only sell the new plate with this option. By the way -as i have bought the Swash i have some bearings as replacment in the box so you should have the bearings in your box.

The Customer Service from swashdrive is one of the best that i ever have - but i have never need the service for repair ,only for extra parts and help

Post Thanks / Like
    So then I was unlucky because they didn't even replied to me after several mails

Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing I got in the box when I got them new was the lube and guide plates for the rear (smaller) bearing, no bearings. I understand their frustration on the people swapping parts on the knockoffs or whatever but I bought these brand new from Unimax, have receipts, etc. I supported their company by buying their machines and giving nods to them on here if I seen someone asking about them but they clearly don't support their paying customers. Fuck them, there's better out there. Going to save up some cash and get something different from a company that has good customer service and that I can actually get parts for when I need them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you should have more than 2 machines. What would you do if one or both completely broke down?