Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would we trust a dude pushing a promo code on a machine that looks like it's a cosmetic pen worth 25$. I'm sure it tattoos. But at 2.5mm stroke it's such a niche machine it's almost silly.
    And just saying the carts are the best.... and not offering any reason or backing it up by saying you've actually tried the other 10 companies selling carts also seems like bs... you have to say it's the best. You're bassically being paid to!!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's hardly being bashed.... we can see it tattoos. But it clearly has some serious short comings. It's a forum where people offer their opinions... and you can see most opinions on this product are negitive.

Like what makes the carts better than cheyenne or the other companies... or what is the benifit of using a cosmetic tattoo pen for tattoos? Instead of just saying it "works for me" and "these are good products"

Post Thanks / Like
    This is coming from a guy that has more rotaries than half this forum combined.. 👆I'll take Asa s input over a lot of anybody when it comes to truth on a machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks joelhague thanked for this post.
    Like joelhague, PHILink TATTOOz, cruzta liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    it seems there are 2 reasons that people are not sure about tis machine. the stroke and the similarity to a very cheap cosmetic tattoo machine.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to preorder one. That's how I knew it was 2.5 stroke. If they offer a diffrent stroke maybe I'll buy one. I have some carts ordered. Look I'm all for buying new stuff. But buying a machine with such a short stroke won't work for me. Thats not negitive that's just the way it is.

7. Thanks joelhague thanked for this post.
    Like joelhague liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a 2.5 dragonfly ss for lining. I use 2.5 flite v2 for shading and this machine might be for me. But as it goes before you never trust people who are sponsored. All the bullshit that came out of people's mouths about how great cheyenne was and how t-tech needles were bad, the video that had roman in it plus others getting paid to slag down t-tech carts. I'm not saying you are doing anything of the sort but that's why people don't trust sponsored artists and only trust people's word on it when they have paid good hard earned cash for it. That's all. It's a word of mouth thing just like tattoo studios and tattooists. Some machine builders on here have even offered machines out on loan to get artist to have a play and see what they think a try before you buy thing. Most of us on here are honest in how they like machines and if somethings good people trusts their word on it. We are good lot of people trying to make a living in a ever changing world of tattooing. Wasting money on machines is a luxury some of us don't have.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes. I know sponsors who refill their ink with a different brand that they sponsor. So yes sponsors can be misleading sometimes , not always but sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    To talk about the machine a bit and not sponsorship;
    I've been using the Helios pen for about a week now. It's obvious quality and cannot at all be compared to an eBay machine. Yes the stroke is short but for black and grey or color blending on thin skin it works like a buttery dream. One of the smoothest running machines in my collection. Like with any machine it had a slight learning curve, mostly getting used to the short throw and the way needle hang is adjusted.
    I bought the machine specifically to use for black and grey and from what I have tried it on it has been a dream. Pushing everything up to 27 mags without missing a beat. Though I don't think I'll be abandoning my edge x any time soon for color and bold lining, what color work I have done with the machine has gone in smooth if a little slower than I like.
    All in all no machine excels at everything. If they did none of us would be collectors. I can already tell though that the Helios will be an important part of my collection for a long time to come.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen otto on here who makes machines and tattoos do amazing color work with full saturation with short stroke machines-(prefers them).
    So in the right hands, realistic color work & smooth black n grey can be done very well with a short stoke machine...this machines looks well made, so i would not count it out just yet!
    Last edited by slicksteel; 02-13-2016 at 12:10 PM.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    I have seen otto on here who makes machines and tattoos do amazing color work with full saturation with short stroke machines-(prefers them).http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthre...highlight=otto
    http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthre...highlight=otto
    http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthre...highlight=otto
    So in the right hands, realistic color work & smooth black n grey can be done very well with a short stoke machine...this machines looks well made, so i would not count it out just yet!
    I have 3 machines from otto... all his machines are 3.6 mm stroke ish.