Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Helios Rotary Pen

Has anybody ever tried the Helios Rotary Pen? how does it differ to the other rotary pens in the market?
    Here is the link to their website:
    http://www.heliostattoo.com/Helios-R...Pen-p/htv1.htm

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    They aren't out yet.... so i doubt many people have tried them out, other than sponsored people. They only come in a 2.5mm stroke version. So it's gunna be a real struggle to line with.

Post Thanks / Like
    I line with a dragonfly ss which is 2.5 stroke but I don't use large liners only bug pin tight 3s. Any thing can push them in...

4. Like rmethric55 liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ss dragonflies are 2.6mm, but that's way way to short to push anything and not bury the tube to the skin. Which makes lining more of a hassle. Until the make a longer stroke this machine is a for sure pass for me.

Senior Member ibroughtyounightmares's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    completely agree with asA. My boss is actually part of their pro team and he loves the machine... for shading. For lining there just isn't enough needle hang to line efficiently. I haven't used the machine personally (held it and tested some carts through it) but until the stroke length can be furthered its a pass for me aswell. Also I don't know if it's just me but if it's a pen type rotary I almost prefer a little bit more diameter to it. In my hands it just felt almost too skinny if that makes sense, probably more of a personal preference than anything. That being said, my boss said that lining was the only thing really playing against it. I'm new to carts but am perfectly content with my Edge X and RPG Click.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like your upselling it why have a cart machine that can't line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    same machine same motor I've seen one apart already .. Just swap the grip for carts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Like Bully Jey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cosmetic tattoo "pens" have been around for quite awhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    2.5mm is the standart stroke for cosmetic machines because the work on some areas that are very sensitive. I think the helios is a cosmetic machine from china a bit retuned and try to sold expensive.

12. Like Bully Jey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmethric55 View Post
    The machine is made in Denmark. It's designed for black and grey and fine line work. You can also adjust the stroke on the fly by twisting a dial on the machine. The needles are the best out. Better then the hawk cartridges. Here's a tattoo I just did with the Helios pen, and cartridges. It works for me, and that's all I can vouch for.
    Attachment 29381
    But isn't you sponsored by them? I'm sure you are on there site. So you are going to say it's the best thing since sliced bread. That's not going to be a honest answer. you can't trust people who are sponsored to give a good answer. To get a true feel for a machine a Joe blogs who's not associated with them can only give that. I've also noticed the price of the carts £25+ for 20 haha t-tech take my money...