Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Evader experience

For those of you who purchased a Centri Evader, this is thread where i would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks again for the support!
    5evaders.7.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    i have mine, and have used it for the past couple of days. runs like a champ.both lining and color work were wonderful. but two things... rubber bands are a bit of a pain to get on, and 1mm higher on the needle bar post so the needle rests a bit higher.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

nicholasville and danville ky. we have two locations
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far I have enjoyed mine. Lining felt very coil like for me. It does the work for you. Coloring went well. But solid black tribal fill was just a bit slow for my taste. Black&grey went smooth with the shortained stroke. If I could have one dream it would be to possibly be able to move the rotating magnet closer and further away from the armature magnet. I don't know if this would even be feasible. But in theory it allow for a soft hit even at high speeds. This by no means a diss at this machine. The evader is well built, runs smooth and consistent. A quality tool indeed if you like give in tattoo your machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, i will make the needle pin base alittle higher next round. The cam can be adjustable to some degree on this version but it can cause undesirable results if your to far away as the needle will be more comfortable not moving at all. But there is a tiny window that can be played with that show large changes in the stroke. When working with these magnets it doesnt take much to change alot. I have it tuned right now to be a all around machine. shortening the stroke and raising the voltage will make a soft hit. The default stroke at around 11.5 is a beast. You can take this machine up 12.5, between 10.5 and 12.5 you should be able to find the tuning you desire for the task at hand along side the stroke adjustment.

thanks again for the info guys, looking forward to more.

5. Like Wonderland liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    well when you make the new batch let me know so that i can get a new pin base in green.
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    This may very well be my next buy. How does it handle thick powder based pigment? What is the minimum and maximum stroke? Does the hit remain the same as the stroke is changed? Can the give be changed? Does the hit increase/ decrease with voltage?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesse have you seen our videos?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    Jesse have you seen our videos?
    Yeah man. The Evader looks so nice. I suppose it answers the question about the adjustable give but I like to be really clear about what to expect out of a machine before I buy. Would it be better if I emailed or facebooked you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Phillips View Post
    This may very well be my next buy. How does it handle thick powder based pigment? What is the minimum and maximum stroke? Does the hit remain the same as the stroke is changed? Can the give be changed? Does the hit increase/ decrease with voltage?
    I have been using the machine with a variety of different inks, and it has performed really well. as far as "hit" the machine can hit quite soft with a lot of "give" but the give is very positive if that makes any sense, or hard and in between as well. the stroke of the machine is any where you would like it to be as that is adjustable with the stroke adjuster wheel on the back of the machine. the pin base and the motor are not linked together, but are repulsed by a spinning magnet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which is the correct rotation direction of the motor - clockwise or cunter clockwise ?