Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    you can have any stroke you want and you can run at any speed you want and you can tattoo all day and never over traumatize your client. Its not the machine that over works the skin... Physics has nothing to do with technique and methods of the human talent and knowledge. I can tattoo with any machine on this planet with any stroke set on it, but i rather have it MY WAY. No matter what, the machines performance has nothing to do with the out come of your tattoo... We use sticks and high tech machines and in the right hands produce the same outcome. Building machines with one set stroke is like living under communism lol. "Most" People want FREEDOM to use there talents and methods with tools that allow them too.

Now physics is everywhere but its impossible to build a machine that will give every person the same outcome. Once you add the human factor into the equation, the physics of the machine end there... The machine does not impact the skin. The human hand impacts the machine into the skin at different speeds and depths... that there will throw mathematical outcomes out the window... cars, guns, swords just sit there with out human involvement. No impact no matter what size or weight. But there is a market for everything...
    Quick question.... do your machines have any give? And from your experience... what would the give be for?
    Designer / Developer of the Venom3DP Skorpion rotary tattoo machine
    Made in the USA - Tattoo artist owned and operated
    https://www.cobratattoosystems.com/

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My machines have 100% give and completely adjustable. Which allows my users to make any stroke there heart desires.

Give is a reaction in the stroke that causes the stroke to stop or slow down from its full expected stroke causing a sensation the artist can feel in hand as he applies the stoke of the needle to skin for pressure assurance and desired result of the needle entry. Every artist relies on his hands and what he feels the tool doing in his hands.

Do you prefer the brush? no damage to the paper or canvas. Great representation of 100% give.
    or do you prefer the pencil? will tear through paper and canvas. Great representation of no give.

its a personal choice for the artist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    My machines have 100% give and completely adjustable. Which allows my users to make any stroke there heart desires.

Give is a reaction in the stroke that causes the stroke to stop or slow down from its full expected stroke causing a sensation the artist can feel in hand as he applies the stoke of the needle to skin for pressure assurance and desired result of the needle entry. Every artist relies on his hands and what he feels the tool doing in his hands.

Do you prefer the brush? no damage to the paper or canvas. Great representation of 100% give.
    or do you prefer the pencil? will tear through paper and canvas. Great representation of no give.

its a personal choice for the artist.
    So give on a brush vs pencil to the canvas... you are referring to different trauma caused to the canvas? The only purpose of give, is to reduce stroke and to reduce damage... that is actually what you just said.

Post Thanks / Like
    then if give reduce stroke. 4mm stroke + 50% give = 2mm stroke ?? if thats correct, a machine with a long stroke and 100% give, = machine with no give and many stroke cams?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by george 3030 View Post
    then if give reduce stroke. 4mm stroke + 50% give = 2mm stroke ?? if thats correct, a machine with a long stroke and 100% give, = machine with no give and many stroke cams?
    You are correct, sort of... I was going to bring up that point, but I am not here to argue... something with 100% damping (give) would result in 0% end stroke. A machine with 100% give would not penetrate into the skin... so it would equal 0mm stroke cam.

Give, or the technical term "dampening or damping"... works the same as a shock absorber... a shock with 100% damping would absorb the entire impact, and sitting in your car, you would not feel it.

4mm stroke with 25% damping = 3mm end stroke with less impact
    4mm stroke with 75% damping = 1mm end stroke with very little impact

The impact can be measured in Newtons (N)
    Last edited by amv101; 03-18-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amv101, you have clearly not tried a Centri? it has complete give.

Post Thanks / Like
    but i knowing what amv101 will tell us. Thats right -i think a lot says thinks like 100% give -its give but not 100% ,i would say more its have a very smooth and fast response give. On coils we use different springs with different softness to archive the same results. Is the give 100% you dont get the needle in the skin ! And after trying the centri v1 and v2 and later the magnet upgrade i was very unhappy. After a few days of use the machine breaks and after repair its never run like new. Always the magnets solve from the body ,my other machine thats was running i have sell fast before they breaks too but the buyer write me later thats the machine was not correct running too -he have running a other thast different works. And i knowing a lot thats was very unhappy with the v1 and v2. I have never try a cobra because that.

8. Like Cyberitual liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    So has anyone ended up trying/buying one of these?