Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Venom3DP Skorpion 3d printed tattoo machine

Something I have been working on lately... I am a tattoo artist and shop owner out of Las Vegas NV. For more info you can check out our website and facebook page. The machine has been completely designed, manufactured and assembled by myself... I have been testing the machine with my own clients (see video). The machine is also compatible with the cartridges, also seen in the video. Looking for any feedback, comments, suggestions... still have a few minor changes to make but hoping to ship first batch mid December to mid January. Thanks for checking it out!

https://www.facebook.com/cobratattoosystems/

http://www.cobratattoosystems.com/products/venom3dp-skorpion-rotary-tattoo-machine

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How long is that back pivot area going to last-it breaks and the whole frame is worthless...

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

3. Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    well good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    How long is that back pivot area going to last-it breaks and the whole frame is worthless...
    In mechanics, a leaf spring design is used in applications where the mechanical stress is never enough to cause any breakage or weakness in the material. Very similar to a traditional coil machine, or other applications such as vehicles. This is called tensile strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea i get yea-but those are replaceable at a low cost in a min-with this you would have to throw away the whole main frame...to be honest with you any good tattooer will look at that and stay away from it at those prices. These crank designs has been around for years and work great. And have been done with springs etc. And the simple ones work the best at a much cheaper price with easily sourced replacement parts.The problem with yours is if it breaks from a drop or wear you have to replace whole body which would be fine if it sold in the 50-75 price range. It would be considered a disposable machine. You can get these crank style from china now that are well made and cost 35-50. I do like the idea of the back as it will keep the crank centered with no side sway and the crank bar damping is nice. And being able to use a hawk grip is sweet as well. So I would say make it these way as at a cheap disposable price and one with a pivot pin and bearings for the price your asking. Maybe you could print me one out with the pin/pivot back style.

American Made Machines

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    yea i get yea-but those are replaceable at a low cost in a min-with this you would have to throw away the whole main frame...to be honest with you any good tattooer will look at that and stay away from it at those prices. These crank designs has been around for years and work great. And have been done with springs etc. And the simple ones work the best at a much cheaper price with easily sourced replacement parts.The problem with yours is if it breaks from a drop or wear you have to replace whole body which would be fine if it sold in the 50-75 price range. It would be considered a disposable machine. You can get these crank style from china now that are well made and cost 35-50. I do like the idea of the back as it will keep the crank centered with no side sway and the crank bar damping is nice. And being able to use a hawk grip is sweet as well. So I would say make it these way as at a cheap disposable price and one with a pivot pin and bearings for the price your asking. Maybe you could print me one out with the pin/pivot back style.
    You have some valid points... but I am a tattooer (in the video) and shop owner... other tattooers already want them... and so do some of the big suppliers.

Technically, you shouldn't drop your machine. You can drop and iron coil and bend the frame... or even the aluminum ones like FK Irons. I have a Swashdrive, and dragonfly... I dropped both of them only once... and both drops caused the motors shaft to bend, and those are Maxon motors. It's a precision tool... I have many of them, and the last thing you should do with a precision tool, is drop it and expect it to work as designed. Rule of thumb... dont drop it.

As far as wear... that is why it is designed this way... minimal moving parts, with bearings on both ends of the connecting rod... wear is caused by friction or resistance, or misuse.

8. Like Bruce Gulick liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also... this machine uses rubber bushings at both ends of the connecting rod, that can be switched out without tools.... from hard, medium, to soft... or a combination... the other crank style machines have zero give, except the Whip from Swashdrive... which also uses a leaf spring. I am a professional tattooer that is designing a machine... big difference. Some tattoos I have done with the prototype.

liberum-studios-las-vegas-custom-tattoo-tattoo-removal-pheonix.jpg

liberum-studios-las-vegas-custom-tattoo-giger-li2-wip.jpg

liberum-studios-las-vegas-custom-tattoo-eagle-flag-arm-finished.jpg

liberum-studios-las-vegas-custom-tattoo-roses-back-wip5.jpg

10. Like Bruce Gulick liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got to bust your balls! Anyways welcome aboard and good luck on your machines -so far it does look nice.What is the weight looking like? What type of motor you going to use namco are very nice for the price and well made.
    Last edited by slicksteel; 11-19-2015 at 01:00 PM.

American Made Machines

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got to bust your balls! Anyways welcome aboard and good luck on your machines -so far it does look nice.What is the weight looking like?
    Haha no problem... about 2.5oz so far... the final should be in that range. We are using a Japanese motor... but I am working on a "pro" version that will be offering a German or Swiss motor. I have been into RC cars and electronics for almost 20 years now. The highend motors are a bit over engineered for tattoo machines, so I wanted to offer an entry level machine at first. Usually, even the cheap motors, will outlast some of the other components.
    Last edited by amv101; 11-19-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks sweet,keep us posted