Post Thanks / Like

gen8 give or rigid?

Was wondering if anyone's used both types of gen8's and wich one they preferred,I'm not one for give,but i do know that with the swash drives that a lil give sometimes can make those fuckers slap a lil harder,,,thank you for any input,,cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    The give model can be set to no give. I often do that with mine for color packing. A little give for black and grey and a little more for lining

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I'm thinkin would be best,,have you used both tho?.

Post Thanks / Like
    No but I have a few other swashdrives with no give. The gen 5 without give hits super hard like the 8 with the give set to none. I assume the Gen 8 without give will hit a little harder then the one with give but I would still get the give one for flexibility. I have the Gen 8 cutback with the DCX motor and really love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have hear some prefer the gen8 cutback without give (rigged version) for lining and colorpacking - but i have bought always all with give option from swashdrive because like OwlsDen says to be more flexible. Would younuse it only as liner and dont work with bocking down or soft coils its this your liner but universal i would go with a give option or the compact -here you can run the machine very hart like the rigged version or with give. This Compact will run normal needles setup too

Post Thanks / Like
    Any pointers how you run the compact with regular needles?
    How much throw in colour versus b'n'g ? And what volts you prefer.
    Love the gen 8, but the compact id little hard to get used. .

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't get the weights with the no give version. I have the adjustable. You can literally do everything with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The weights make it very interesting too. I like the weights for lining. It makes the stroke a little longer and the hit a little harder.

Post Thanks / Like
    with the rigged hard version you dont need the weight because you get not feedback of the weight - no vibrating and extra pushing. The compact you can change the the nipple thats in the box for a regular nipple -i prefer to clip the needlebar eye and screw it in the pushing bar and replace the plunger. I use for shading 4 stroke and 8,3 / 7,5v

Post Thanks / Like
    From the tattoos I've seen made with the gen8 it looks as tho it's a badass fat grouping liner,,and does it all,,I want one!,,