Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    What motor does yours have? I have the cutback with the DCX Maxon and it seems that no matter how much tension I give it, it just keeps chugging on. It almost seams to like tension.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    What motor does yours have? I have the cutback with the DCX Maxon and it seems that no matter how much tension I give it, it just keeps chugging on. It almost seams to like tension.
    I dont know. The machine is only about a month old.

Post Thanks / Like
    is the oil on the motor bearing or the whip wheel - the motorbearing should not be oiled

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Phillips View Post
    I dont know. The machine is only about a month old.
    If you have the box it should be in the label

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    is the oil on the motor bearing or the whip wheel - the motorbearing should not be oiled
    I oil a few drops under the black dust seal that says oust moc 9 as per the instructions that came with it about every 30 hours. Silicone grease on the other exposed bearing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    If you have the box it should be in the label
    Ok yeah its a dcx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, after a day of trial and trubulation and to my dismay I believe that my problems have been caused by one too many folds in my paper towel grommets. Too tight! And I believe it was bindind the swashing motion you see when you look at the drive pin straight on. What worked great for my linear machines does not work on the swash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Phillips View Post
    Well, after a day of trial and trubulation and to my dismay I believe that my problems have been caused by one too many folds in my paper towel grommets. Too tight! And I believe it was bindind the swashing motion you see when you look at the drive pin straight on. What worked great for my linear machines does not work on the swash.
    I was wrong about this. I believe it to be an issue with the stay up spring and possibly the tensioner as previosly stated.
    Im pretty bummed about this because like I said in my first post on this thread, this machine is a relacement of another that was doing the same stuff which Tony from Swash said he could find no problems with. If I send this machine back Im going to be out over 100 dollars on shipping after its all said and done making this a 650.00 dollar machine and I cant in good conscience go a sell it either.
    It does well without the spring, but I feel like I have purchased something with a design flaw, I paid for something with a stay up spring, I want it to work ya know? Bummer...