Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Swash gen 8 cutback issues

So I have a brand new gen 8 cutback that is doing erratic things and I beleive I have narrowed it down the the needle bar tensioner. The machine ran great for about 5 hours of tattooing when I first got it but then started to erratically slow and speed up and spit a little. I replaced the o rings on the tension wheel and it still seems to do random things. I tried using rubber bands on it and it runs much faster, smoother and quieter this way but the consistency of the hit still seems to vary a little bit. I am using folded paper towel grommits, brand new rca cord and trouble shot with 3 different power supplies. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    I should also note that this machine is a replacement of one that was doing all of the above but even worse... and when I returned that one to swash they said nothing was wrong with it but sent me a new one after some protest on my behalf. Im shaking my head here thinking maybe this is just how they run?

Post Thanks / Like
    hey bro…not sure if it helps……but there is thread already somewhere on the forum about this issue…
    and i have the same issues with a compact….i fucking love the machine but i still can't figure out why at the most random times, it runs sporadic….like fluctuates in speed…really weird

Post Thanks / Like
    i would say its the motor ...i have bought the first gen8 and compact as its come first in the sale ,all very nice -so i would say any have change and the parts all the same so i would say any have change in the motor -or have you try a different rca ? what powersupply to you use

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say that these machines are really picky about RCA cords. A bad connection makes it run like this.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    my tensioner broke - they sent me a replacement i never put it on. and i have never had any issue with mine
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    Brand new Bishop rca. Powered with cx2-g2, cx1-g2, eikon ems-200.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would still check another cable.

If the cable is the issue its easier than sending it in for a new motor

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    I would still check another cable.

If the cable is the issue its easier than sending it in for a new motor
    Ive used about 5 different rca's with it.
    Today I took the stay up spring out and just used rubber bands instead of the tensioner and it ran flawlessly.
    I think that the added resistance of the spring and the friction of the tensioner causes the irregularities.

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe its possible the bearing is not right -so you get some tension on the motor - with the rubberbands its the tension maybe less . Try to adding oel to the bearing or replace it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    maybe its possible the bearing is not right -so you get some tension on the motor - with the rubberbands its the tension maybe less . Try to adding oel to the bearing or replace it
    Yeah man, the bearing is oiled. Im going to order a pack of bearings from oust really soon here though.