Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The main thing is people can get information on the web anywhere, its not hard to find. What they cant do is ask questions if they are not logged in. They also cant see anywhere you guys actually discuss technique if you do.

I should also mention that for builders on the site to have googleable free to read well written reviews on their machines is very good for them. If all the reviews are locked down noone will land here by searching machine review information. A common search term that lands traffic here is reviews of the bishop, the neotat and the rapier machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    dont get me wrong im all for sharing info with anyone who wants it and will use it properly but the thing that sucks with this industry is the guys workin in their kitchens and junk who find these great sites and find stuff out and hurt the industry and be like this is what so and so does and these guys use this stuff now excuse me my tubes are done boiling lol but with everyone else on here this is a truly great forum and everyone seems awesome and professional which is rare for the internet lol

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
    dont get me wrong im all for sharing info with anyone who wants it and will use it properly but the thing that sucks with this industry is the guys workin in their kitchens and junk who find these great sites and find stuff out and hurt the industry and be like this is what so and so does and these guys use this stuff now excuse me my tubes are done boiling lol but with everyone else on here this is a truly great forum and everyone seems awesome and professional which is rare for the internet lol
    It's not easy to keep it that way, but I try awful hard to!
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    well youve been doin a great job so far i love this forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just stumbled on this thread......i know with the last 4 year tattoo boom...especially in the uk..where theres tv shows...online tattoo suppliers popping up everywhere....ebay...DIY videos....youtube..and now almost every family owns a tattoo machine.....some of the old forums i went on Tattootalk, Skindeep, Woldwide tattooist guild/foundation... all had an artist section which was activated when the mods accepted your details......or Worldwide TF you had to be invited.... but the forums got a little boring in the artist section...and anything wanted to be private was in PM.... i still am concerned about where the industry will end up with the speed things are moving these days...will it just end up in peoples houses...the laws in the uk are becoming more relaxed...even today in a local cafe some random asked me "how do you shade mate..i got this gun off ebay"...i told him you had to buy an apprenticeship for 5 grand and we dont do them..........if that guy would find an empty shop and apply for a tattoo licence...the local council will give him one for £80.....and too many here have already.....this place is atrocious for bad tattoos...and a percentage of the public cannot work out the good from the bad...they just see cheap.........and bcause of the recession theres not that much money about so everyones in each others pockets and dont see the big picture. Its nice to see some regulated posts its a good idea.

6. Like Mr.Taboo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the asterisks area good idea...The information in those forums can't really be utilized by novices...I mean whats the point of learning the finer nuances of technique when you are still struggling to just put ink into the skin? There is enough readily available information out there..