Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cartridge pros and cons?

I have yet to try Carts. I'm Very hesitant to. The only good reason I can think to is that you just have one machine set up and switch your tips out, but thats not quite enough of a reason for me to go that way... Yet anyway.
    Id love to hear more good reasons to make the switch if any proponents woul like to chime in.
    Negative feedback welcome also.

2. Thanks OtherMike thanked for this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is honestly the one big advantage. I tried them and although they were good, etc having a different machine for each needle is better for me - the time it takes to switch back and forth from different tips I didn't find really made a differnce. I have machines that run similarly if not the same so if I need a mix of needles I just set up another machine.

In cases like traveling etc I can see the advantage but its not like carrying 4 machines instead of 2 is really that big of a hassle.

As soon as I started having issues with getting the carts I needed (they were constantly running out of stock) I gave up on it. Not worth it for me. But thats just me.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

4. Like casey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    the availability was the same for me. the only drawback, honestly. its seems more companies have their own versions in development now, so i believe there is hope for that problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Ttech has for sure stepped up there game in availability.

Not only do you have to set up one machine instead of 2-5 is that there one disposable tube going in the trash instead of 2-5 or more. If you consider the cost of carts are more than a standard needle but your using less tubes which are $1 or more then your saving at least $4-6 per tattoo which ain't that big of deal just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer carts because it's less set-up time, less clean-up time, less clutter on my workstation (one machine as opposed to several) and as sacredsouls said, less waste volume if you're using disposables. But it's really personal preference. Neither is necessarily better or worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't see how swapping to carts would benefit the way I work. I normally use 3 different machines, sometimes four. They all work differently and perform different tasks really well, so I can't see how just being able to swap needle groupings on one machine would work for me. I have my BCI power supply with three outputs and a decent size workstation so I can't see any reason to change over to carts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree they aren't for everyone but I have a few machines that do everything at the same setting. Like my amoeba ddv2 just bump the voltage same with my FK edge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see it being an effective route if I were to buy a cart only machine like an edge x or an inkjecta and etc. and actually use a reusable grip and go the extra mile to bag it up properly.
    Somtimes I still like to make my own needles and I definitely like to flare my liners with a lighter sometimes and spread my mags. Can you do that with carts?
    I bet that in less than 5 years this cart thing will be next level though. Im trying hard not to be a luddite here but as of now I dont feel comfortable getting into a situation where I rely on a needle I can't make myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another advantage from carts among regular set up for me is that they always have the perfect "needle-tip" set up. sometimes depending of the brand and type of configuration ( tight magnum, spread magnum, m2 magnum) is hard to find the perfect tip, and you have to have a bunch of different tips to find the one that fits perfect. I also find that when I use 25 regular needle magnum with 23 tip, it still fit loose and speed a lot of ink, with carts they fit perfect, not too loose, not too tight with all needle configuration. and save space in the shelf, you just have to have x box of each cart configuration you use. Against that advantage is that in regular needles you have more different needles ( I havenī t seem M2 magnum carts yet)

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a really good point, jacko. I used to have over 100 stainless tubes sitting in my drawer. Some of which rarely got used. Scrubbing and sterilization took forever! I now have about 25 cartridge grips and that's more than enough.