Post Thanks / Like

Builder question about mabuchi motors directionality

hi,
    I recently got a ric saveria rotary with a clip cord. I really dont like clipcord so I igured I open it up and see whats what on n rca conversion. Two wires, easy enough. MABUCHI motor. So I got it working but what I didnt take note of is the directionality of the motor. when choosing which wire to connect the rca and which wire to ground.

Im assuming choosing one way will make it go clockwise and the other way counter clockwise. I could be totally off. I am by no means a builder.

Will it make a difference if it goes clock wise or counter clock wise for the longevity of the motor?

right now its going clock wise.

James

ps. When it comes time to lube this thing where does the lube go? Is it the same for all rotaries?

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I know, clockwise is the correct direction. I've been told that it's best to keep your motor running in the same direction all the time. Some machines perform differently be it clock or counterclockwise, but not all. Did you do the mod yet, or are you considering it? Another member asked me about changing a clipcord machine to rca - I haven't done a mod like that myself on a rotary, but I am pretty sure that some members have. Hopefully someone pipes up soon, as I'd like to know what wires go where also!
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I did the mod. Its not that big a deal, Actually seeing how the whole thing works inside is pretty cool. thanks allie

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was the saveria one of those swash like rotarys he does?...pic would be nice buddy?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what a swash drive brand tattoo machine is but Im not sure what the difference is between it and other rotaries. Care to explain? My coworker is helbent on buying "the whip" but the only american distributer only has one left and its clip cord (he like me only wants rca) is there anything comparable? anyway here's the pic of my saveria. Weirdest thing I cant find him online anywhere but an old myspace. is anyone still on that ghost town?
    Picture 20.jpg

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    whats the weight on that looks heavy?

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on the brush type inside of the Mabuchi motor, it may not make any difference on running direction.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elbo View Post
    Was the saveria one of those swash like rotarys he does?...pic would be nice buddy?
    This may be what you mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh yeah That does look like a swash armature bar (if thats what they are called on rotaries).
    Slicksteel - Its for sure a heavy machine in comparison to most rotaries, this thing is like a locomotive. steel or iron. Weighs as much as a typical coil machine. Looks really cool but Im not sold on it because of the long stroke.
    I never ran any of my coil machines with such a long stroke so Im not sure what to do with it. Oh well, I'll learn or sell it. Good thing about buying used machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have also mabuchi motor on my machines.normaly when you hold it in front of you the motor roatation is left.when you chenge polarity you can notice a little speed difference so when the motor is faster you have the corect polarity