Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome to see they did such a great job on it though vs that ridiculous price on the hawk pen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmose333 View Post
    I am impressed beyond words. The ez pen is a workhorse, performed flawlessly. Last night I did 6 tattoos with it (all smaller type stuff, words, a rose, two bullet holes etc. . .)
    It is incredibly comfortable to hold and use. Ran smooth and consistent, lined flawlessly, packed color with ease, color blending and grey tones were effortless.

This machine has earned it's spot in my line up as a daily driver for sure. One of my coworkers last night while watching me use it and how well it worked decided to order his own as well.
    I honestly can not say enough positive things about this machine.

It's only $220, so seriously if you like a pen style machine give it a try. You won't be disappointed!!!!!!!
    I am really happy that I decided to give this machine a try, seriously impressed. I'm honestly not even going to bother fixing my stylus h now.
    How did you get yours for $220??.

Post Thanks / Like
    Iron Horse Tattoo, Las Vegas NV @dmose333

Post Thanks / Like
    Coool,,thanx G,

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try out there ez bat model ..makes the hawks and flites look and feel like toys. Very powerful and compact and well made for dirt cheap

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a Hawk pen a few months back. Grant it, it is an awesome machine and runs carts very smoothly and quietly, but for what it is it is severely over-priced. The other part I couldn't get over with these kind of machines is that you can't take them apart (well you can but it's a process) to clean up inside the machine in the event of an ink flow back. I was very meticulous in examining the push bars on the carts at the end of a tattoo session to make sure there wasn't any flow back or ink spatter that made it's way up and the first couple pieces I did I had no issues and would swab out the inner housing with wavicide and alcohol for good measure and autoclaved the grip. After one session though, I noticed a black smudge on the cart drive bar after the session so I stopped using the machine and decided to tear it apart to see what this smudge was. As it turns out it was the grease that was around the drive mechanism that made it's way down and was staining the drive bars of the needle cartridges. That turned me off from these style machines altogether, just the "what if" factor isn't really worth it to me. I just got an AXYS rotary in yesterday and got to use it on a piece and that thing is every smoother and quieter than the Hawk pen and over half the price!! Very pleased with the AXYS so far.

7. Like Bishopbyname liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Us Brits have to pay £250 by the look of it!?

Post Thanks / Like
    what is the stroke ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishopbyname View Post
    Us Brits have to pay £250 by the look of it!?
    That's probably +vat as well. Might as well buy it from the states and get it shipped over would be much cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    not for nuthin' but I didn't think this forum was big on supporting knock off machines. This EZ pen may work great, but for all intents and purposes, it is still a blatant copy of the hawk pen. I'm sure that there was a decent amount of coin spent on Cheyenne's part developing this machine and bringing it to market. I think it's unfair for a Chinese company to simply copy it exactly and put their own brand on it. There are other pen style machines around, so if the price of admission for Cheyenne is too high, there are alternatives that are made by people that actually give a damn about tattooing.
    INSTAGRAM
    @invertedpixel

www.inkandpistons.com

12. Like Lehmham liked this post.